Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

DVD Burning Help

Makes sense, but then how do I put it in the same file?

I am not sure what you mean by put it in the same file?

But if you have a corrupt file,and want to re-download it,its vital you download the exact same file from the same set of rar files,as the hash check wont be correct.

You can download it from anywhere on the net,aslong its from the same group of files

This will be indicated in the forename and extension given to the files

Say you have rar 14 is corrupt,all you do is re-download rar 14 again,and then replace the damaged one with the new file,and then try and extract it again

When something is "uploaded" onto the tinternet,say for example a movie in the form of an avi file

the uploader will prepare it first

this comes mostly in the form of rar files,as most private trackers insist on it (I used to be a staff member/uploader on a very big private site)

basically the big file is split into little peices as stated above,then a small file called an sfv file is made (this is basically made to verify the rar files) (No uploader wants to upload a corrupt set of files)

when the download is finished you just have to unpack the rar files using a program called winrar (like stated earlier on in this thread)

Their goes that plan then :@

Daggers dont suppose you fancy writing a "Fools Guide to burning dvds" do you?

Just for me :P

So when i downloaded from torrents where to i go from their?

I use "Free Videos To DVD". Used to use dvdflick but the sound always ucked up. No probs with sound on Free Videos To DVD.

My way of doing it...

1) Right click on any of the rar files and click extract here, and wait for it to finish. (It will extract a AVI file.)

2) Get convertX2DVD 3, install and open it.

3) Drop the AVI file in the centre and click convent making sure you have a blank dvd in your drive.

4) Wait for it to finish converting and burning. (about 30mins)

5) Put the dvd in your player, sit back and enjoy.

yes,good program convertxtodvd,

I used to use it a long time ago,before my dvd player would play them straight off when burned as data

you can just buy a cable and connect the pc to the tv,and play them from there,or even a laptop>tv even

I picked up a dvd player that plays divx and xvid from superdrug of all places for £10. <_<

I still like to burn movies on to single dvd's though and make data discs for series.

I picked up a dvd player that plays divx and xvid from superdrug of all places for £10. <_<

I still like to burn movies on to single dvd's though and make data discs for series.

What kind of dvd player do you need to be able to play xvid/divx? I spend about 90mins converting and burning 1 film and it takes all my time and slows my pc down cos I do it regular. Would love to know how to just use a data disc

What kind of dvd player do you need to be able to play xvid/divx? I spend about 90mins converting and burning 1 film and it takes all my time and slows my pc down cos I do it regular. Would love to know how to just use a data disc

Well most modern day DVD players do play divx/xvid even though its not stated, the one i picked up never said it played them so i just made a data disc and tried it and it worked.

If yours doesn't just get a dvd player that plays divx, there's loads for sale on ebay or you can get one at tesco or asda for less than £30.

The dvd player you buy will state that it can play xvid/dvix files on the box or in the spec list

Burning the files as data is piss easy,you just burn thm to disk as data

i.e with nero,just select the disk type (cd/dvd)(remember when using dvd disk,you can fit as many avi as it will allow)

select data,then drag and drop the avi files into the window,then burn at what ever speed you feel comfortable with (i use x6),

remembering not to use multisession.

9ff554ca5a.gif

91b5f54ff1.gif

4f677d7b18.gif

Just out of interest can I convert a .avi file which is say 698mb to a dvd file which is around 4.3gb?

If so, what do I need to convert it and will I be able to add a menu?

Get ConvertX2dvd, it will convert and burn it, you also have all the options for menus etc etc.

I just got convertxtodvd and me pc's ucked up a bit! Something called 'pcouffin.sys'. Anyone help? Convertxtodvd won't run, has installed but this pcouffin thing keeps popping up.

I watched a video on how to use convertxtodv and it looked a good program, but now somethings gone wrong.

I am not sure what you mean by put it in the same file?

But if you have a corrupt file,and want to re-download it,its vital you download the exact same file from the same set of rar files,as the hash check wont be correct.

You can download it from anywhere on the net,aslong its from the same group of files

This will be indicated in the forename and extension given to the files

Say you have rar 14 is corrupt,all you do is re-download rar 14 again,and then replace the damaged one with the new file,and then try and extract it again

When something is "uploaded" onto the tinternet,say for example a movie in the form of an avi file

the uploader will prepare it first

this comes mostly in the form of rar files,as most private trackers insist on it (I used to be a staff member/uploader on a very big private site)

basically the big file is split into little peices as stated above,then a small file called an sfv file is made (this is basically made to verify the rar files) (No uploader wants to upload a corrupt set of files)

when the download is finished you just have to unpack the rar files using a program called winrar (like stated earlier on in this thread)

I understand the benefits of seperate files, but if i were to give them to my mates I wouldn't want them having 14 different files. So can i merge them into one?

I understand the benefits of seperate files, but if i were to give them to my mates I wouldn't want them having 14 different files. So can i merge them into one?

Yes by extracting them into one file first i.e. the avi or divx file. The rar files are only a way of archiving them. A group of rar files make up one larger file split into so many equal bits. Foe example if I had a 700mb movie and rar'ed it the it could become 16 rar files 44mb each. You then unrar them to get the 700mb file again.

The dvd player you buy will state that it can play xvid/dvix files on the box or in the spec list

Burning the files as data is piss easy,you just burn thm to disk as data

i.e with nero,just select the disk type (cd/dvd)(remember when using dvd disk,you can fit as many avi as it will allow)

select data,then drag and drop the avi files into the window,then burn at what ever speed you feel comfortable with (i use x6),

remembering not to use multisession.

Cheers :thumbup:

Well most modern day DVD players do play divx/xvid even though its not stated, the one i picked up never said it played them so i just made a data disc and tried it and it worked.

If yours doesn't just get a dvd player that plays divx, there's loads for sale on ebay or you can get one at tesco or asda for less than £30.

:thumbup: Cheers

Archived