Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

New Conservative leader

I have a big interest in politics, and stayed up till 6am on Thursday watching the election. I was pleased to see Blair be voted pm for a 3rd term as I think the other two major paty leaders are weaker than Blair, I also didn't see of any reason for labour to be voted out as I don't think they have made any big mistakes over the past 8 years.

Anyway with The Tories failing the win the election and Howard stepping down this means that they are looking for a new leader and one of the front runners is Melton and Rutland MP Alan Duncan. Alan Duncan is a very good mp and is a strong person and would be great as a party leader, but he is a gay.

All though a lot of people would be put of voting for the party if he became leader I think it could possibly be a clever decision as the way that modern society is more accepting the minority groups it might encourage people and convince them that the party is modernising.

What do you people think of this?

I wouldn't vote for Conservative party anyway, 15% interest rates etc etc.

But it wouldn't bother me if the leader was gay or not.

105720[/snapback]

Same here. It shouldn't matter what his or her colour, religion, or sexual orientation is, as long as they are a good leader, who cares?

I also didn't see of any reason for labour to be voted out as I don't think they have made any big mistakes over the past 8 years.

105715[/snapback]

Mmmmm, Apart from saying that they had legislation not to bring in tuition fees or raise taxes after the 2001 election.

Apart from having to postpone the fuel levy because of the blockades.

Apart from creating conditions that allowed hospitals to lie about waiting lists.

Apart from saying that they had clear and concise evidence of WMD in Iraq.

Apart from ignoring the pleas of Europe and the UN inspectors.

Apart from taking money out of pension funds.

Apart from having a leader who misled the country.

Apart from that, you're probably right.

I wouldn't vote for Conservative party anyway, 15% interest rates etc etc.

105720[/snapback]

That's like saying that you wouldn't vote Labour because they consistently voted against anti-terrorist legislation in the 80's.

That's probably more abhorrent than anything that the conservatives or liberals have done but it's history.

People should look at today's policies on offer like the abolition of life sentences for murderers (LD's), Compulsary ID cards (Lab) or limits on economic migrants and asylum seekers (Con and LD) to make their minds up.

The next Tory leader, if their members get the choice, will be used car salesman extraordinaire David Davis. Hopefully he'll lead them to total and utter ruin and a new era of leftwing politics will be ushered in with the Lib Dems forming the official opposition.

here ends the party political broadcast from the conservative candidate for foxestalk, hullfox!  :thumbup:  ;)  :whistle:  :yesyes:  :clap:  :scarf:

105788[/snapback]

Actually I voted Veritas. Everyone should have an orange tan.

To be honest I will never vote conservative due to the recession of late 80s early 90s. Who do I think will be next Tory leader? Andrew Lansley.

106040[/snapback]

So you'll never forgive them for that? You don't think they deserve any sort of chance just because of what they did in the past.

I'm not a conservative voter but I wouldn't rule them out and not vote for them because of something they did (or didn't do) 10 or more years ago.

To be honest I will never vote conservative due to the recession of late 80s early 90s. Who do I think will be next Tory leader? Andrew Lansley.

106040[/snapback]

So you'll never forgive them for that? You don't think they deserve any sort of chance just because of what they did in the past.

I'm not a conservative voter but I wouldn't rule them out and not vote for them because of something they did (or didn't do) 10 or more years ago.

106253[/snapback]

Nope, because I've looked at their policies and they are still very similar, (as by the way is half the shadow cabinet!). We lost a house, a business and my dad's pension because of their policies, so no I will never forgive while they persist with those policies.

Archived