Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Things we have to learn

I wasn't at the Millwall gae but from feedback I am hearing the same things that have happend in the last 2 games, Blake, Wilcox and Stewart underperforming again.

The 1st half at Derby we were bloody awfull, and it took him till 75 minuites to make any changes which imo were to late but thankfully it payed off. The last ten minuites at Derby has been the best we've played out of the 1st 2 games so why did he keep the smae team that did so poorly in the 1st half?

Hopefully this defeat will teach Adams a few things. I can't see Wilcox starting as Tiatto will come in and I'm really excited about this as the 2 pre season games I saw him play he was excelent. Tiatto left back and Stewart left wing would work well , and hopefully Stewart will have the fredom to play as having Wilcox to work with has hinderd him.

I was annoyed to hear Makin was sent off as he has put in some great performances and again from what I've heard seemed to be one of the better players yesterday but this may give Canero a chance to come in and I think he will be amazing for us.

I think once Connolly gets that first goal they wont stop coming, he just needs that confidence boost. Blake has cane in a nd done nothing for 2 games so maybe it's the right time to give another striker a chance at starting. as Dion will be back for Wolves away.

While yesterday was dissapinting im not to down as Millwall are a hard team to brake down, a real imitidating place to go and play and a physical battle, not forgeting they were FA cup runners up. If we are going to mount a serious championhsip challenage I think we need to set a target of losing no more than 6 games. So thats 1 down now.

With our up coming games we have a chance to start a good run. Wolves away will be a hard game but Watford and Brighton at home shoud be games where we pick up maximum points as should Rotherham away. Then Burnley at home should be a game we should win, with QPR next a more difficult team, but still a team we should see off. I'm at the stage in thinking now when this team is free of injuries and suspensions and we can field our best 11 we should be ok, and once it clicks I think we will be a massive force in this league. Don't get to dishearted by yesterday as we have a week now for Micky Adams to put things right and hopefully learn from his mistakes.

Thats a good post, but one thing i have to point out. You said once this team is free of injuries and suspensions.. it will not happen because Adams has brought in a load in injury prone players as well as dirty hard men players that he adores that will get bookings and bookings resulting in red cards = Fines for LCFC!

Thats a good post, but one thing i have to point out. You said once this team is free of injuries and suspensions.. it will not happen because Adams has brought in a load in injury prone players as well as dirty hard men players that he adores that will get bookings and bookings resulting in red cards = Fines for LCFC!

11848[/snapback]

Thats very true, in this division though you need a bit of steel, because quality and skill doesn't allways pay off, hopefully we can get a good mix together though. Tiatto will add something great to the team hopefully in place of Wilcox, he's likely to get the cards but when he's available he's a great player to have in the team.

That is the concern about Tiatto, but I think he will excel in this division. We need some grit and quality down that left side - Something we have desperately lacked with Wilcox and Stewart.

As for Wilcox, he is a joke. Left back or left wing, he is a liability. Doesn't run with the ball, far too slow, and poor distribution.

Blake has been shocking so far - I think it describes our current situation when we're begging Micky to bring Tricky Trev him on. That should all change when Dublin is back though.

Nalis and Williams in the centre does not work - Especially when you're playing them against two battlers in Wise and Morris...... <_<

We certainly need a mix but looking at the team yesterday we have no creativity or skill. So its basically a team of steel  :unsure:  :ph34r:  :blink:

11852[/snapback]

I think When they are at the top of there game the likes of Williams, Stewart and Connolly can add skill and creativity and at a push so can Nalis. Canero has bags of skill and hopefully in Makin's absence we will see Canero play and run the wings taking many players on, which we haven't seen for a long time, with our choice of wingers. Canero is an Ashley Cole type defender, a great defender bet gets foward well too. Gudjohnsson also has that skill and creativity, I just hope Micky plays his crads right and like you have said a number of times isn't too loyal to players as knowing him Blake and Wilcox wont be dropped.

Great post Teeno! Im really looking forward to Tiatto to come into the squad. I really want Jordan Stewart to keep his place in the team but with the performances he's palyed he's been bloody terrible but I think the reason for this is because he is playing in front of Wilcox who is awful. Now hopefully when Tiatto becomes fit he will play left back and help Jordan by giving him some support. About Blake well I just dont think he is capable. Lets try a new face up front. Lets give Scowcroft a go up front, he could flick balls down to Connoly. Also I think its about time Canero and Gudjonssen got into the team. Lets try them out, see how they do. Weve played 3 games, Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 1. Weve played mostly the same team now for 3 games, lets try a new route.

Archived