Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
goodlongfox

Millwall game

Myself, my brother and two Irish lads (in it for the craic) went down to The New Den yesterday

Forgot to take some snaps with my phone but will try to remember for next time :0)

Great atmosphere by our fans as per usual for our away support, didn't realise how small the ground is until the attendance of 11,000 was called out, thats just over a third of a full Walkers so Millwall have it tough on the gate receipts front compared to some of us..

Leicester's defence was the busier of the two for most of the game, our midfield was stifled mainly thanks to some very solid work by their new man Serioux who reminded me of Mario Melchiot. Jody Morris also looked like the player he is capable of. Dichio caused quite a few problems which was suprising as I thought Keown and Dabizas should be able to handle him without too many problems, but the Millwall players looked hungrier and up for the fight more.

A few of the folks from other teams have said the Leicester midfield is a weakness and this game certainly showed the areas where we need to improve on. Take Gillespie for example, he came on, tried but never got past any players, passed the ball sideways a few times and gave the ball away on one occasion which led directly to Millwall setting up their second goal. In general, we couldn't keep the ball well in the middle and lacked ideas to feed the front two. Wilcox is limited in what he does, he hasn't the leg speed to take anyone on and his one asset is his crossing ability, when Canero and Tiatto get back then we should see the options wide on both flanks change hopefully.

It was a poor display and a good lesson to take early on in the season, I remember us getting tonked 6-1 by Ipswich in 2002 which was the big kick up the backside we needed for the promotion push. This game will be a massive wake up call indeed.

But credit to Millwall, and as much as our lot hate Wisey, he rallied his lads well and with performances like that at home, they'll be a very tough nut to crack.

Guest Daniel

Ok, ill make threads then that are already on the forum.

Moan about the size of signatures and allow people to make pointless threads that already have a place.

Thats right, give me 30% warning you know you want to.

Excellent post goodlongfox - Although I disagree on one point. I thought the atmosphere from us was rather dire. Not surprising given that only 800 had turned up.

Blue Mistress - Stop moaning. goodlongfox is new to the forum. We don't want to put off members posting here, you've already been warned about this.

Excellent post goodlongfox - Although I disagree on one point. I thought the atmosphere from us was rather dire. Not surprising given that only 800 had turned up.

Blue Mistress - Stop moaning. goodlongfox is new to the forum. We don't want to put off members posting here, you've already been warned about this.

11907[/snapback]

Point taken. Saw the other thread too late.

At the back of the stand behind the goal it was loud! Mainly because I and people close by started about 75% of the chants.

My voice is still hoarse this evening. I looked around and only half our fans were singing. Was that any of you out there ? You disappoint me..but I'll sing even if I'm surrounded by librarians no matter what, it's my team and I'll sing if I want to.

I tend to go to most of the away games in London as I'm based here and anyway, the atmosphere tends to be far better than at home - the fans are more commited, more vocal and more passionate.

I was sitting about half way up, central to the goal.

I was trying my best, as was Ashov who was sitting with me. But it just seemed a bit flat - Not surprising given how we played......

But it just seemed a bit flat - Not surprising given how we played......

11912[/snapback]

The second half I was pretty quiet, think most of us were. I had done my throat in from the constant first half chants so I wouldn't have been much good anyway.

Its a shame we couldnt have taken the full allocation but i cant blame anyone for not going, and almost wish i had not wasted the money going my self. The atmosphere was not to bad considering the amount of city fans and the poor excuse for a match we had to watch <_<

Archived