Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Newcastle_Fox

Robinho Reveals Gunners Interest

Robinho Reveals Gunners Talks

Brazilian wonderkid Robinho admits that Arsenal have been in contact with his representatives about a sensational move for the Santos man.

Robinho has long been touted as the next big star to emerge from the historically football rich grounds of Brazil, and both Real Madrid and Chelsea are believed to hold a strong interest.

The 21-year-old has broken in to the Brazilian national setup after consistently dazzling displays for Santos, and has been praised by Pele amongst others for his prodigious technique and ability.

Despite initially remaining cautious about interest from Arsene Wenger's side, Robinho has now conceded that he is in talks with The Gunners and would love to play alongside French star Thierry Henry.

"Arsenal have been in touch with my people in the last few days and they have made me aware of the offer," Robinho told the News of the World.

"I am very proud that they are looking at me because a club like Arsenal doesn't come in for you every day.

"It would be a dream for me to play alongside Thierry Henry, we will continue to talk."

Arsenal will reportedly launch a £14 million bid for his services, and if Robinho makes the move to Highbury he would join the likes of Robin van Persie and Jose Antonio Reyes in a strike-force blessed with fledgling talent.

However, after being strongly linked with a move to sign the talented youngster in the January transfer window, Real Madrid  remain at the head of the queue for his prized signature.

Would be a good signing for Arsenal and him and Thierry Henry upfornt would be scary. Also he was awesome on last seasons Champ Manager

Interesting one, this. Would be a massive gamble as I can't remember any high-profile Brazilians moving to England at such a young age. Arsenal could surely do with resolving Reyes' future before thinking about such an ambitious signing? I'm not convinced he's the right signing for Arsenal but I would love to see whether he can cut it in such a different league.

In one Sunday paper today Fernando Torres is mentioned. Looks a great prospect and with him being Spanish could help Reyes settle. I think this is a more realistic target.

116963[/snapback]

He would only cost the double or triple of Robinho's transfer value :rolleyes:

Robinho would be an ideal long term replacement for Bergkamp, I thought he was on his way to Real Madrid though?  :S

116993[/snapback]

Real Madrid are still big favourites to get him...

Archived