Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Lyrics that move you...even though you don't understand them!

Anybody else ever hear a song that seems to "touch" them, but find the lyrics a little confusing?

Back in the 90s I used to find the Manics song "Motorcycle Emptiness" profoundly moving, yet I had no idea what JDB was singing. I was actually a little disappointed when I found out it was "under neon loneliness".

Bringing it more up to date, the Drive-By Truckers song "Goddamn Lonely Love" I find very emotional, especially a line that runs "Stop me if you've heard this one before - a man walks into a bar and leaves before his ashes hit the floor". I have no idea what that means, but it brings a lump to my throat every time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DsYdiAz4ddIg&sa=U&ei=LqWUTubqOtHSsgaekfDsBQ&ved=0CBMQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNF4yECArIk__t6GeP_0IVrTW56f_A"]

"Mon Coeur s'ouvre a ta Voix" from Samson et Dalila (or Samson and Delilah to us who don't speak Belgian)

I can't find my favourite version of this, nor remember who sings it, but the above is a decent one. I haven't got a clue what the words mean yet.

Weirdly, I also had the same thing with 'Motorcycle Emptiness' when I was young and didn't know the words.

Archived