Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turtles Head

Newspapers

Not at all.

Some of the thickest and most politically ignorant people I've ever met have been Mirror readers who vote Labour because their dad does, or base their allegiances purely on the fact they hate the Tories because 'they're posh.'

No brief flirtations with homosexuality or pointless social studies degree for me either. :thumbup:

The Sun is undeniably right-wing, always has been. It backed a Labour government that was so far removed from traditional Labour traits it was almost Tory, and dropped it like a ton of hot bricks once Blair fecked off and Brown started moving the party left again. Look at their views on immigration, asylum and Europe if you still don't think it's a right-wing publication.

I was shitfaced when I wrote that.

I still wouldnt say its "right wing" per se but then again that also defines as what you term as right wing, the left-wing media (prime culprits the BBC and Labour through the education system) has done such a good job slandering the right over the last 20 years if you asked an average person to describe a "right winger" now they would give you something that looks like a cross between Nick Griffin and an EDL marcher.

I apply right wing politics to being in support of natural law and traditions. There isnt actually a "right wing", you can have Liberal Conservatives, religious human rights obsessed Conservatives, progressive Conservatism, the core of it is supporting a Liberal democracy and free market capiltalism ensuring people can always strive to be the best they can be.

The term "right wing" just seems to have been coined as a total opposite to "left wing" which was used long long before this dirty term of "right-wing" came to being and the left seek every opportunity to associate it with Xenophobia, Homophobia and anything else they can can to attempt to discredit it.

You do talk some bollox.

Guardian and the Observer - usually online as I don't get much of a chance to read it from cover to cover as I'd like to.

To be fair though I'll read anything if it's in front of me.

That comment would bother me but as soon as you said you read the Guardian I'm inclined to believe you live outside the real world. :ph34r:

Archived