Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Scowcroft To Join Burnley?

OUT-OF-CONTRACT striker James Scowcroft has been linked with a move to Burnley.

The 29-year-old was released by Leicester City at the end of the last season and has yet to find a new club.

Clarets boss Steve Cotterill has revealed that he has held talks with two players, but refused to name who they are.

"I spoke to two players last weekend," Cotterill told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph. "I met one of them face to face yesterday and now I'm just awaiting a reply from him.

"I'm also waiting to find out when I am going to be able to speak to the other player and until then there is not a lot I can do but wait.

"One of them has a fair bit ox experience and the other has very little, although his experiences so far are good.

"I've done a fair bit of groundwork on one of them, but circumstances have not allowed me to repeat that with the second player."

Linkage

Akinbiyi and Scowcroft upfront - They'll do well next season. ;)

The 29-year-old was released by Leicester City at the end of the last season and has yet to find a new club.

Clarets boss Steve Cotterill has revealed that he has held talks with two players, but refused to name who they are.

"I spoke to two players last weekend," Cotterill told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph. "I met one of them face to face yesterday and now I'm just awaiting a reply from him.

"I'm also waiting to find out when I am going to be able to speak to the other player and until then there is not a lot I can do but wait.

"One of them has a fair bit ox experience and the other has very little, although his experiences so far are good.

"I've done a fair bit of groundwork on one of them, but circumstances have not allowed me to repeat that with the second player."

Linkage

129441[/snapback]

Cotterill did a half decent job there last season, they were a better team then us unfortunately.

They are officially my "dark horses" for the play-offs.  They'll be dull, but they'll be organised.  Probably not the goal fests that Stan Ternant used to serve up though!

129819[/snapback]

Good call.

Apparently heart attacks have reduced by 30% in Burnley since his departure.

Linkage

129441[/snapback]

Cotterill did a half decent job there last season, they were a better team then us unfortunately.

129813[/snapback]

Indeed they were - However, I can't see Scowcroft being the answer to their goalscoring problems.

Linkage

129441[/snapback]

129813[/snapback]

Indeed they were - However, I can't see Scowcroft being the answer to their goalscoring problems.

129825[/snapback]

Scowcroft or MDV - who will score more???

Linkage

129441[/snapback]

129813[/snapback]

129825[/snapback]

Scowcroft or MDV - who will score more???

129907[/snapback]

Scowcroft or MDV - who will score ???

Linkage

129441[/snapback]

129813[/snapback]

129825[/snapback]

Sadly with Scowcroft, he always makes a contribution and seems okay but the outcome is limited. Trouble is he never gets enough goals for a striker and is not good enough at anything else to be really destructive. Outcome, both Ipswich and Leicester never quite did the business during his time.

It's a curious thing in football. Other people like Gerd Muller of Germany, while not looking much, had an electric effect.

Im going to look forward to seeing Akinbyi and Scowcroft back at Leicester lol

Wonder what the odds are on both of them netting a goal against us :unsure::rolleyes:

Archived