Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

Wimbledon women's final

What an incredible game it was, amazing tennis from both players. I really wanted Davenport to do it and it all looked good, especially when she only needed to serve it out in the second set.

However, Williams battled back well and gained some momentum and showed the kind of form which took her past Sharapova. All respect to Williams for her fighting spirit, but I think if Davenport hadn't sustained that back injury she should have won.

But my problem was with the lack of respect Williams showed Davenport after she won. Davenport was in tears and Williams was jumping up and down (fair play, she won the championship)...but she wasn't even that complimentary about Davenport when being interviewed. Sue Barker had to force Williams into saying something positive about Davenport, which just shows how ungracious she was. A little respect to your opponent wouldn't go amiss, especially after everything Davenport had been through.

Archived