Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Saxondale

Trance 'N' Bass - for DnB fans

Bear with me, this is a slightly long-winded story.

About 6 or 7 years ago, I was getting ready to go off on my skiing hols with my mate. As one does when one has a very early flight to catch in the morning, we spent the previous day / night getting pissed and producing a track.

For a laugh, and because we were a bit pissed, it was a little experimental. I ended up producing a track for which we decided it needed it's own genre - Trance Hop.

That evening, for logistical reasons, we stayed at my mate's old man's house. We told my mate's old man, who happens to be into dance music, about my creation. "Trance Hop? You want to hear some Trance 'N' Bass!"

Those of you familiar with Mixmag will know that their cover CDs can be bloody brilliant, and it turns out that, a few years prior, they'd done a cover CD called Trance 'N' Bass, mixed by a then relatively unknown DnB renegade called John B.

Anyway, he put this CD on for us and, obviously, we were hooked. I still listen to it a lot now.

Thankfully, some absolute legend has put the entire CD (in seven parts) on YouTube.

I can't post them all here because it won't let me, so watch the first and follow the links to the rest of them.

Enjoy!

Archived