Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Mad

Forest Sign Breckin

Nothing Spectacular about this move....apart from the Transfer Fee :o

Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of central defender Ian Breckin from Wigan Athletic for £350,000.

The 29-year-old has penned a three-year deal at the City Ground and has set his sights on promotion from League One.

"I know I'm dropping down but I don't think Forest will be in this league for very long," he told the club's website.

"Once I heard Forest were interested no one had to sell the idea to me. Last season must have been disappointing but we are heading in the right direction."

He added: "I just can't wait to get playing here but I realise there is a lot of hard work ahead of me in pre-season before we start looking at the first game."

Breckin missed only four Championship games for Wigan last season as they won promotion to the Premiership.

BBC SPORT...

How can they afford £350k :mad:

HOW MUCH :o:blink:

Where did they get that from? And if they had that much money why did they spend all of it on 1 player? Seems crazy! That must be the highest transfer fee for League 1 in a few years!

didn't they get 8 million or thereabouts for dawson and reid so not that surprising really...

133005[/snapback]

Ahh...forgot bout them 2! Well that explains is then!

Still a lot of money for a player of Brekins quality.

didn't they get 8 million or thereabouts for dawson and reid so not that surprising really...

133005[/snapback]

Ahh...forgot bout them 2! Well that explains is then!

Still a lot of money for a player of Brekins quality.

133021[/snapback]

Wish we could that sort of money for any two of our players.

Archived