Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Chelsea give Wenger the blues

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed his bitter frustration at waiting on Chelsea to make their move for Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The Manchester City winger is a player Wenger has long admired and past speculation has linked Wright-Phillips with a switch to Highbury.

But it is almost certain the Gunners will lose out as the club cannot compete with the financial muscle of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

"I like Wright-Phillips very much, but we are in a transfer market where you first have to let Chelsea make decisions and then come in when they have made that decision," said Wenger.

"That is because there is a price for Chelsea and a price for everybody else, and that is why we have to wait until they make a decision. It is very frustrating, but it is a fact.

"I don't know what their budget is, but they were in for Steven Gerrard, but didn't get him so they have to go somewhere else."

:unsure: Except a few years ago when Arsenal were/were one of the richest teams in the premiership (Which they still are i'd probably rank them 2nd, at least 3rd - which personally I wouldn't be disappointed with) Wenger wasn't moaning then was he? When he could sign vertually whoever he wanted or atleast have a crack at signing whoever he wanted...

Besides why would Arsenal want Wright Phillips - He's not French...is he?! :unsure::rolleyes:

Archived