Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rotherhamfox

The Zutons

Do they do anything different to all these other bands that are following a trend everyone is going crazy about? I cant hear the attraction personally. All sounds shit, especially that Come and dance with me Michael song, cant be doing with it whoever it is who sings it.

Do they do anything different to all these other bands that are following a trend everyone is going crazy about? I cant hear the attraction personally. All sounds shit, especially that Come and dance with me Michael song, cant be doing with it whoever it is who sings it.

13586[/snapback]

Like all scenes 90% of it is dross, including The zutons, but like most scenes there are some great bands in there. The Coral definately being the pick.

I'd say 30% in my preference of music scene, but there we go :) Its sad for British bands, cause all they have to do now is sound like all the The bands or Razorlight/Franz Ferdinand and they have every chance of being famous, record companies seem to be loving them and promoting it. Its boring, a few bands would of been enough of it but its gone crazy. Better than that current number 1 though i admit but that aint saying much :P

I'd say 30% in my preference of music scene, but there we go :) Its sad for British bands, cause all they have to do now is sound like all the The bands or Razorlight/Franz Ferdinand and they have every chance of being famous, record companies seem to be loving them and promoting it. Its boring, a few bands would of been enough of it but its gone crazy. Better than that current number 1 though i admit but that aint saying much :P

13590[/snapback]

Franz Ferdinand are actually a catchy pop band, and good at what they do.

Record companies always latch on to certain sounds, in my opinions there are far too many EMO bands at the moment. I don't like them, there music, there attitude or anything about them, but I accept there is a big audience for it at the moment.

There will always be trends, at the moment there are a few, best thing to do is just to listen to what the hell you like out of the different scenes.

I love EMO. But how many of these Emo bands do you hear on tv or radio? None are exactly famous or well known, its just the people that gave the music a chance in the first place and looked for bands themselves instead of believing all the good music out there is on TV or Radio that are into them. Very few get the promotion they deserve. Thats why i am amazed at what i hear on the radio at work every day compared to what i listen, as the difference in talent and song writing is so large, it seems the less talented you are the more successful you are going to be in this country musicwise. Sounds stupid i know but its the impression i get from what i hear.

I love EMO. But how many of these Emo bands do you hear on tv or radio? None are exactly famous or well known, its just the people that gave the music a chance in the first place and looked for bands themselves instead of believing all the good music out there is on TV or Radio that are into them. Very few get the promotion they deserve. Thats why i am amazed at what i hear on the radio at work every day compared to what i listen, as the difference in talent and song writing is so large, it seems the less talented you are the more successful you are going to be in this country musicwise. Sounds stupid i know but its the impression i get from what i hear.

13596[/snapback]

EMO is all over MTV 2, also on XFM. You won't get XFM because it is London based but it the main 'alternative radio' source.

EMO is very popular at the moment and very fashionable. Doesn't make it good or bad. The shit music does that for it. :P

Well i aint seen stuff i like on MTV2 other than Brand New, name some bands you've seen on that channel?

13605[/snapback]

Rueben, Hell is For Heroes, Funeral For a Friend, Your Code Name is:Milo, Brand New, Hundred Reasons, Jimmy Eat World.

Loads more that i forget the names of or wether I have just heard them on the Radio.

Archived