Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ElusiveEd

Brilliant Gadget For Fans On The Move.........

http://uk.slingbox.com/

I'm lucky enough to travel abroad week in week out with my job. I'd be lost without this.

It basically streams YOUR TV to either your laptop, Ipad, Phone, etc wherever you are in the world/UK. WiFI is needed (3/4G on your phone or ipad with app also)

You link this up to your home broadband and your Sky box, freeview box etc, (So easy to do) download the software onto laptop and away you go. It's that simple.

A picture of YOUR home remote control appears on the screen of your device and you use the curser to control it (Touchscreen on Ipad/phone) i.e. If you have SKY click on 101 and BBC1 comes on, 501 Sky Sports etc.  EVERYTHING you can do on your TV at home, i.e. click to record, pause, rewind etc, you can do from your laptop or devices and it is only around 6 seconds behind no matter where you are in the world.

If we make it into the Premiership Leicester will be on TV more and for those that travel (Or would be at work and can sneakily have your phones on etc) or have relatives in the UK who would be willing to link this up for you, this would enable you to watch YOUR TV (Which stays on standby at home btw) from there.

One slight downside is that if you are watching from somewhere else and someone at home is wanting the TV on you have to decide who's gonna watch what co's if you turn the channel over then it does so at home to but then it can be linked to a TV in another room I guess.

Available at PC World/ Currys/Amazon etc

Archived