Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King Kyle lcfc

Paul Hartly?

Just been told by an unknown source that we are set to sign a striker from scotland called Paul Hartly.

Whos he play for?

is he any good?

and is this a realistic rumour?

I dont Know how reliable the source is as i didn't evn know the person who told me even liked football so if it's absolute bull i apologise.

This was posted on April 5th, I can't see that the money situation has changed and he sure seems like a midfielder.

Source

FOOTBALL: NO FOXES BID FOR HARTLEY

Apr 8 2005

LEICESTER manager Craig Levein has ruled out a summer swoop for Hearts' Paul Hartley.

Levein admits he cannot afford the £1million-rated midfielder, whom he helped develop into a Scotland player.

Hartley, 28, has yet to pen a new deal at Tynecastle with Celtic waiting in the wings and ready to renew their interest.

However, Levein will not be lifting the phone to enquire about a deal and instead will focus on moulding young Scot Gareth Williams into a greater midfield goal-threat.

Levein said: 'Paul has a year left on his contract at Hearts and I can't afford to buy him. I don't have the money and won't be going for him - unless Hearts want to give me him for nothing!

'I'm trying to do the same thing at Leicester with Gareth Williams as we did with Paul at Hearts and make him into a Hartley-type midfielder.'

Meanwhile, former Hearts and Celtic player Tosh McKinlay reckons the return of striker Chris Sutton from injury for the Cup semi-final will swing the tie in the Hoops' favour.

McKinlay said: 'Sutton could come back for this game so Hearts will have to defend well. He adds another dimension to Celtic, he's a winner

Just been told by an unknown source that we are set to sign a striker from scotland called Paul Hartly.

Whos he play for?

is he any good?

and is this a realistic rumour?

I dont Know how reliable the source is as i didn't evn know the person who told me even liked football so if it's absolute bull i apologise.

148450[/snapback]

So some random person, and you have no idea who they were, just walked up to you and told you we are about to sign him?

He's a right winger and made his Scotland debut against Italy.

Archived