Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings vs Crewe Alexandra

The web site is ready to take your ratings whether you went or listened to the game.

Go to www.player-ratings.co.uk to register your vote.

Here are my ratings:

Douglas 7 - solid and made some excellent saves

Maybury 6.5 - too keen to hoof it too often

Gilbert 5 - far too keen to hoof and seems to struggle to know what to do on the ball, caught out of position a lot too

Johansson 6 - again too many long balls and got caught out for pace

McCarthy 6.5 - same as Johansson except for one or two more saving tackles

Sylla 4.5 - anonymous, didn't offer anything while he was on

Tiatto 7 - much better than last Saturday, seemed to offer a bit of inspiration when we were struggling

Gudjonsson 7.5 - Got better and better as the game went on, and played his part in both goals

Williams - 6 - too lightweight and his set pieces were woeful

Hammond 8 - so fast and energetic and very unlucky not to score, needs to work on his currently poor finishing but he'll become a cult hero

Dublin 7.5 - one of the best games i've seen him play up front, won endless flick ons and supported Hammond superbly

I went to the game...

Douglas 7

Maybury 7

Gilbert 6

Johansson 7

McCarthy 7

Sylla 6

Tiatto 7

Gudjonsson 8

Williams 7

Hammond 8

Dublin 7

160131[/snapback]

Are they including the first half? :huh:

Sounded a lot different, I know radio Leices aint the best but...

Its easier said than done to account for the entire match when the performances were so erratic.

160133[/snapback]

Just grade them low.

If I ever have to listen to a game again that nearly gives me so many heart attacks, I'll bloody give them all 1's forever.

:o

:P

I thought Gudjonsson was a prime example of erratic today, his first half an hour was poor, giving the ball away and getting shrugged off it easily but after that he was a machine, inspired the team and played outstanding, which i think outweighed his bad spell quite comfortably.

I thought Gudjonsson was a prime example of erratic today, his first half an hour was poor, giving the ball away and getting shrugged off it easily but after that he was a machine, inspired the team and played outstanding, which i think outweighed his bad spell quite comfortably.

160136[/snapback]

So he should get a 2.

I went to the game...

Douglas 7

Maybury 7

Gilbert 6

Johansson 7

McCarthy 7

Sylla 6

Tiatto 7

Gudjonsson 8

Williams 7

Hammond 8

Dublin 7

160131[/snapback]

Could you post your ratings on the site Muz?

From Gresty Road.

Douglas 6.5 - one very good save in the second half from a bicycle kick, but didn't have much else to do. Still looks dodgy coming out for the ball.

Maybury 6 - Crewe had a lot of joy down the flanks and Maybury didn't cover the area well enough for my liking. Left their winger with too much space to cross or run with the ball. Didn't offer much going forward either.

Johansson 6 - abysmal first 20 minutes along with the rest of the team. Looked slightly better afterwards but Crewe shouldn't really be causing much problems anyway imo.

McCarthy 6.5 - also poor early on but improved. Made some very good tackles late on and won a lot in the air. Slightly dodgy tackle on Varney when Varney skinned him for pace, but I'll let him off for that.

Gilbert 5 - this guy concerns me. I have only seen both away games so far but he has been caught out numerous times and we have paid the price, including today. He was nowhere for the first goal which directly came about because he got dragged out of position. He looked poor on the ball, and frequently gave possession away cheaply by long ball hoofs. He offered nothing going forward and was scared to cross the ball when in good positions, and when he did cross it was woeful. Bring in Sheehan on that performance.

Tiatto 7 - improved after the first 20 minutes. Got stuck in a lot and was committed to the cause. Lifted others around him by leading from example. Excellent free kick for the goal.

Gudjonsson 8 - as Sheff says this guy has improved so much from last season. He was the driving force from midfield for us and I have definitely changed my views on him. He was everywhere, got stuck in, passed it nicely and kept possession. He demanded the ball a lot and looked composed most of the time. Excellent run for the penalty which was cooly dispatched. Great game, keep it up!

Williams 5 - complete contrast to Joey. Didn't look for the ball, was mostly anonymous again. I am really beginning to dislike this guy cos it looks like he can't be arsed most of the time. Doesn't get stuck in or win any tackles, doesn't create much from midfield. A couple of nicely sprayed passes in the 2nd half but overall I was very disappointed.

Sylla 4.5 - rubbish. Did nothing while he was on. I can now see why Celtic fans were so frustrated with him. One game he looks awesome and another he looks awful. Today was the latter.

Hammond 8 - fantastic effort throughout the game from this guy. Chased everything, and won a lot of balls that he had no right to simply because of his pace and perseverence. Held the ball up well and had some excellent turns and runs at the defenders. Looked dangerous throughout and he caused their defence all sorts of problems. My only criticism is that he missed a couple of golden chances, 2 one v one with the goalkeeper which he should have buried. He lacked the composure or confidence similar to what we saw with Connolly last season. Still had a great shot which unluckily hit the post.

Dublin 7 - great support play by Dublin. Won a lot in the air for Hammond to pick up and held the ball up nicely most of the time.

Subs didn't do much or have much time to impress, but Stearman looked quality when he came on.

douglas 7

maybury 6

mccarthy 5 (love his passion but needs a brain . looked so sluggish)

johansson 5

gilbert 5

sylla 4 (lazy barsteward)

williams 6

gudjohnson 8

tiatto 6

hammond 8 ( 100 % effort , never stoped running)

dublin 7

mccarthy 5 (love his passion but needs a brain . looked so sluggish)

160264[/snapback]

Not having watched the match, I cannot quite understand your comments...

* Are you implying that he does not have a brain?

(He does know how many sides a dodecahedron has!)

* In what sense did he look sluggish?

Or was he - perhaps subconsciously - protecting his ankle? Would not be unheard of

He may even have been trying to be less rash and more cautious in his approach?

Luke Varney gave him a right roasting in the first half. He was lucky not to be red-carded for one particularly horrendous first-half lunge. It's very doubtful we'd have recovered from 0-2 with 10 men.

He did improve after the break, and a number of important tackles, but I still think Gerrbrand's a better bet.

And I suspect we'll find out very soon, when McCarthy's suspended!

Not having watched the match, I cannot quite understand your comments...

* Are you implying that he does not have a brain?

(He does know how many sides a dodecahedron has!)

* In what sense did he look sluggish?

Or was he - perhaps subconsciously - protecting his ankle? Would not be unheard of

He may even have been trying to be less rash and more cautious in his approach?

160315[/snapback]

im implying that he does not have the sense to stand up in a tackle when he needs to, always diving in . most attacking corners he gives away needless free kicks with his constant pushing . he WILL be sent off in a match very soon . and yes for some reason against crewe he lost loads of headers to there young centre forward and varney ripped him to pieces . like i say i LOVE his passion but hopefully he will learn from his mistakes as i admit he is still a youngster

Archived