Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

The New Abramovich

Most people have probably heard about it but....

(From BBC Sport)

Hammers promised takeover bounty 

Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian says he would make £100m available for new players if his takeover plans for West Ham are successful.

Joorabchian, who heads the London-based Media Sports Investment firm, is planning a £200m takeover bid.

"There is huge potential there," said the 34-year-old.

"There's no point in buying West Ham unless you are going to invest in turning them into one of the top teams in the country."

Joorabchian was taken for a tour of the stadium when he visited West Ham for preliminary negotiations last month.

However, Joorabchian's £45m valuation of the club's equity is believed to be £15m short of the board's valuation.

"My West Ham project has to be worth around £200m," he added.

"That breaks down as £45m on buying the club, £30m on its debts, another £30m to keep the cashflow going and around £100m on new players.

"At one point we are going to make a bid, although at the moment we have not done anything.

"The fact that I want to buy a European club is obvious and there is still a possibly it could be another Premiership club other than West Ham."

Joorabchian insists that if any formal takeover is launched, it would not take place this year.

"If there is any bid made, it will only be for next year," he said.

"But if next week the board of directors decides that they want to start to make a bid to take over in January, then we may do that."

Last year MSI bought a 51% stake in Brazilian club Corinthians.

"I don't want to grow too many headlines about the takeover but of course I could do a lot with £100m" Said West Ham boss Alan Pardew

Pardew says he is happy with the current board but would welcome the prospective transfer funds a potential takeover may result in.

"For us as a squad it's a positive thing that people want to invest in the club. Someone is looking at us and thinking `something is happening there'," Pardew said.

"There is a good feeling around the place and that is the feeling we want to keep. Whatever happens, if anything it is going to be a positive for us. And a positive means a good thing."

Why dont these businessmen ever come to Leicester?

160441[/snapback]

And would you sell your f.....g soul too?

Leicester City is a Midlands based English football club. Ideally I would like it to be a place where Midlands based footballers (of all colours and creeds, before you start having a go) are trained and developed to an outstanding level.

The only outsiders I really want would be those (like in cricket) who are truly exceptional and whose input to those around them would be inspirational.

We barely have any English players in the first team at present. It is a travelling circus which foreign players use as a public convenience. And are these foreigners wonderful. Are they better than the Stearman's and the Sheehan's and the Chambers?.

Are they better than other players who, were it compulsory, would have to have been trained up by City and given their chance?. I doubt it.

Of City's current non-English first team squad players, for example (and I have nothing against them personally whatsoever), would Douglas, Gilbert, Joey, Danny and Momo be truly better than we could home grow?

You could forward the same argument for every other club (every other industry for that matter). Why has it become so unfashionable to develop our own?

Would Mr £100million develop our own?

I doubt it because they'd be in it, not because they love football, but because they want to be Mr £150m and they want the big shot profile.

Chelsea do have a lot of English player atm, but Stearman is getting his chance, Sheehan will probably get his chance if Gilbert keeps looking unsafe, and Chambers is too young to play atm. I'm sure if we had actually developed a good young keeper he'd be in the team by now, but unfortunately we haven't. Scot Carson on loan anyone? ;)

Archived