Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Hamill Happy To Be Here

Hamill Happy To Be Here

New signing Joe Hamill says he will be working his socks off in a bid to win a place in the Leicester squad.

The 21-year-old winger put pen to paper on a three-year deal with the Foxes last week after making the move south from Hearts.

And following a successful spell in the SPL the youngster is desperate to make his mark in the Championship with the Foxes.

He said: "It had always been an ambition of mine to come down here to England and play. That is the same with a lot of players in Scotland. To have now got that chance is a great feeling.

"I now need to work hard to get a position in the squad. I know it is not going to be easy but I will be giving it my all."

Hamill admitted to being surprised when the offer to make the move to the Walkers Stadium came about - but it was one that he didn't have to think twice about accepting.

He added: "The move came about quite quickly. I had just finished training in the Academy up at Hearts and I looked at my phone. I had a missed call from my agent so I called him back and he told me the move was happening.

"I still had a year left on my contract with Hearts but I wasn't in the manager's plans. I didn't want to be in a situation where I wasn't playing so when the offer to go to Leicester came up I was delighted.

"I have played about 70 games for Hearts in total but I am still only 21. I can play on the left or right hand side of midfield. I'm not really bothered where I play so long as I can get a game."

The Foxes have shown some good form in the early weeks of the season, and Hamill is now desperate to get involved in the action.

He said: "I have seen Leicester play twice now. The first game was against Ipswich and we were unlucky not to win. Then I went to Crewe last weekend. We got off to a bad start but in the end you could say that we should have won the game.

"Everything about the club is different class. The stadium is magnificent and the training ground is fantastic. Everyone has made me feel really welcome since I came down here."

And the Glasgow-born wideman certainly won't be lonely at his new home.

He said: "It's always good to see a friendly face when you move to a new club and I have been very lucky here. I obviously know Alan Maybury, Paddy Kisnorbo and Mark de Vries which has been a big help. But everyone has been great.

"The manager gave me my chance at Hearts and I know what he is looking for."

From the OS

Archived