Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Levein Speaks

Give him his due at least he sees some of it like it is - lets hope he can spot is own shortcomings as well.

Craig Levein says his side simply weren't good enough following Saturday's 2-0 defeat at the hands of Luton at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday. The Foxes fell behind to a spectacular overhead kick from Ahmet Brkovic just ahead of the break.

City pressed for an equaliser and threw four up front in the closing stages - but the visitors would add to their lead from the penalty spot as the game was drawing to a close.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "I'm disappointed, not just because we lost the match but also the fact that we didn't play at all today.

"I am also disappointed for our supporters. They gave us tremendous backing again and they didn't deserve to watch us play as poorly as we did.

"We simply had too many players that didn't perform. You can carry one or two during a game at times, but our key players didn't play well today. That obviously has an impact on the result.

"We tried to change things to get a spark from somewhere, but although we had chances we still weren't good enough. As a team, including myself and everyone involved, we have got to be better than that.

"The good thing from my point of view is we have got a game against Hull on Monday and we can make up for it.

"We didn't pass the ball anywhere near as well as we have done previously. But a lot of credit must go to Luton. They were very organised and made it difficult for us to play.

"When you have so many players under performing, no matter who you are playing against, it is always going to be difficult. Overall our performance didn't merit the points today.

"Sometimes you can play poorly and win matches but from my point of view we didn't look like winning today.

"We will now have to have a look at what we can do to improve. It may bring an opportunity to some of the players who have been waiting patiently on the sidelines." Craig Levein says his side simply weren't good enough following Saturday's 2-0 defeat at the hands of Luton at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday. The Foxes fell behind to a spectacular overhead kick from Ahmet Brkovic just ahead of the break.

City pressed for an equaliser and threw four up front in the closing stages - but the visitors would add to their lead from the penalty spot as the game was drawing to a close.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "I'm disappointed, not just because we lost the match but also the fact that we didn't play at all today.

"I am also disappointed for our supporters. They gave us tremendous backing again and they didn't deserve to watch us play as poorly as we did.

"We simply had too many players that didn't perform. You can carry one or two during a game at times, but our key players didn't play well today. That obviously has an impact on the result.

"We tried to change things to get a spark from somewhere, but although we had chances we still weren't good enough. As a team, including myself and everyone involved, we have got to be better than that.

"The good thing from my point of view is we have got a game against Hull on Monday and we can make up for it.

"We didn't pass the ball anywhere near as well as we have done previously. But a lot of credit must go to Luton. They were very organised and made it difficult for us to play.

"When you have so many players under performing, no matter who you are playing against, it is always going to be difficult. Overall our performance didn't merit the points today.

"Sometimes you can play poorly and win matches but from my point of view we didn't look like winning today.

"We will now have to have a look at what we can do to improve. It may bring an opportunity to some of the players who have been waiting patiently on the sidelines.

If they weren't good enough there may be room for sympathy and understanding. Truth was they were good enough. They just didn't show the self-belief from the word go and they didn't show the ruthlessness to convert their chances.

Managers/coaches instill attitude. It wasn't there. We donated Luton that game in the first sterile 45 minutes.

Archived