Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rotherhamfox

Leeds Festival

When for just the day yesterday, twas great. Highlights include The Subways, mycodenameis milo, Blood Brothers and the Killers were fantastic. Plenty of city shirts being worn round the place in aid of leicesters very own Kasabian, me cousin who's been there since wednesday took his giant city flag in honour of the boys.

I have just got back from being there since Thursday.

All i can say is it was pure class.

Highlights have to be:

Art Brut - first time i ahve heard them and they are one of my favorite bands now, so good. Give them a listen!

Maximo Park- Was at the front for all opf the gig and was well worth it.

Babyshambles- Was at the front again and was a quality gig, seems as though Pete is sorting himself out and he is a musical genius, end of story!

Razorlight- Waited to see these for about a year and they were immense!!

Also Marilyn Manson and The Foo Fighters put a awesome gig on. Can't wait till next year.

• 5 weeks later...

It's already 1 month since the festival - but here's my review

Lesson 1 - Vodka still gives me acute memory lose

So Leeds Festival has been and gone - On the whole it was a blast - Met some great people - Saw lots of bands - Missed lots of bands - Drank lots of Vodka (and the occasional beer)

Music memories as follows:

Day 1

• My Chemical Romance - Bugger - Only caught MCR's last song
  • Turbonegro - Brillient!! - Bit early in the day but I'd already necked a good amount of vodka & Redbull for breakfast - I was right at the front for this going mental - A set made up of classics plus the best of new album (Party Animals) - Probably overall best band of the festival
  • Alkaline Trio - I was really looking forward to seeing them but I was very disappointed - Just didn't sound good - vocals seemed to be struggling
  • The Rakes - I've wanted to see The Rakes for ages but always seem to miss them - They announced that their singer was ill but that they would still play with guests - The guitarist did most of the vocals and sounded remarkably similar to the regular singer - The guests were a couple of blokes out of Bloc Party and the singer of Towers Of London - Pretty good overall
  • NOFX - NOFX were OK but the weather wasn't it suddenly turned bitterly cold and then pissed with rain - Never a good thing when you use soap to spike your hair (old school!!) - Spent most of the time lying on the ground using my jacket for an umbrella - In all this chaos I didn't really take much notice of NOFX
  • Iggy and the Stooges - What can you say - great stuff - Iggy is so fit for his age - I'm not in bad shape myself but he's amazing - Only disapointment was that they didn't play Search and Destroy
  • Marilyn Manson - What a cock - Seeing some ****er goose stepping in front of a Hitler backdrop ain't entertainment to me
  • Iron Maiden - Last time (and only time) I'd seen Maiden was about 21 years ago - They only played songs from their 1st four albums which was a bonus - They were a lot better than I expected

Day 2

• Do Me Bad Things - Pretty much at the front for DMBT - cause only a few people there! - They were quite good though
  • Goldie Lookin' Chain - I really don't have time for this 'band' - Best thing about their set was when they walked off stage - The chorous of GLC by Menace was played over the PA
  • The Wedding Present - I watched this band for two reasons - 1) Out of respect to John Peel 2) I was too pissed up to be bothered to go anywhere else - From what I remember they were awful
  • Dead 60s - By the time we reached the tent they were playing in it was completely full - so we just stood outside and listened a bit, got bored and wondered off
  • Dropkick Murphys - I honestly can't remember anything but I'm told I did see them??
  • Graham Coxon - Again mostly don't remember - I have some vague recollection of the last couple of songs which were good
  • Fightstar - Went to see if they were any good - Didn't think much to them - Well I don't remember a lot
  • Queens Of The Stoneage - Now this was a band I was really looking forward to seeing - What I remember was brillient but they only seemed to play for 15 minutes (Actually they played for an hour but I was still focked up)
  • The Killers - Again don't remember much apart from I hated them

Day 3

For personal reasons which I won't go into here the bottom fell out of my world at the end of day 2 - So for the final day I was present in body but not in mind/spirit - No alcohol either - So I just drifted around waiting for the day (and night) to finish so that I could go home

• Nine Black Alps - Seemed OK
  • Juliette and the Licks - Quite good - Would have been a lot better if I was in the right frame of mind - Had no idea at the time who Juliette Lewis was! - They played Iggy's Search and Destroy
  • Capdown - Didn't quite see them - sat on the ground outside the tent when they were on
  • Dwarves - Watched from a distance - Didn't do a lot for me - Featured one naked man in wrestler mask and one ex-Queens Of The Stoneage bloke
  • Razorlight - I don't know what all the fuss is about
  • Kings Of Leon - Just before they came on someone told me that KOL are religious nuts - Not a good start but actually they were OK - A hell of a lot better than Razorlight
  • Hatebreed - Should have been the highlight of the festival but fell short (Partly due to my head state I guess) - The tent seemed to have emptied out when they came on and a lot of the people there had no idea who or what Hatebreed were - Jamey Jasta didn't seem comfortable with a crowd which wasn't totally on his side - The sound was really poor as well- really muddy - And to make matters worse there was no double bass drum which tamed several of the songs
  • Foo Fighters - I had to choose between Bad Religion and FF - I plumped for FF as I've never seen 'em - even though I knew Dave Grohl way back in his Scream days - They were really good

I've already bought my tickets for next year...

It's already 1 month since the festival - but here's my review

Lesson 1 - Vodka still gives me acute memory lose

So Leeds Festival has been and gone - On the whole it was a blast - Met some great people - Saw lots of bands - Missed lots of bands - Drank lots of Vodka (and the occasional beer)

Music memories as follows:

Day 1

• My Chemical Romance - Bugger - Only caught MCR's last song
  • Turbonegro - Brillient!! - Bit early in the day but I'd already necked a good amount of vodka & Redbull for breakfast - I was right at the front for this going mental - A set made up of classics plus the best of new album (Party Animals) - Probably overall best band of the festival
  • Alkaline Trio - I was really looking forward to seeing them but I was very disappointed - Just didn't sound good - vocals seemed to be struggling
  • The Rakes - I've wanted to see The Rakes for ages but always seem to miss them - They announced that their singer was ill but that they would still play with guests - The guitarist did most of the vocals and sounded remarkably similar to the regular singer - The guests were a couple of blokes out of Bloc Party and the singer of Towers Of London - Pretty good overall
  • NOFX - NOFX were OK but the weather wasn't it suddenly turned bitterly cold and then pissed with rain - Never a good thing when you use soap to spike your hair (old school!!) - Spent most of the time lying on the ground using my jacket for an umbrella - In all this chaos I didn't really take much notice of NOFX
  • Iggy and the Stooges - What can you say - great stuff - Iggy is so fit for his age - I'm not in bad shape myself but he's amazing - Only disapointment was that they didn't play Search and Destroy
  • Marilyn Manson - What a cock - Seeing some ****er goose stepping in front of a Hitler backdrop ain't entertainment to me
  • Iron Maiden - Last time (and only time) I'd seen Maiden was about 21 years ago - They only played songs from their 1st four albums which was a bonus - They were a lot better than I expected

Day 2

• Do Me Bad Things - Pretty much at the front for DMBT - cause only a few people there! - They were quite good though
  • Goldie Lookin' Chain - I really don't have time for this 'band' - Best thing about their set was when they walked off stage - The chorous of GLC by Menace was played over the PA
  • The Wedding Present - I watched this band for two reasons - 1) Out of respect to John Peel 2) I was too pissed up to be bothered to go anywhere else - From what I remember they were awful
  • Dead 60s - By the time we reached the tent they were playing in it was completely full - so we just stood outside and listened a bit, got bored and wondered off
  • Dropkick Murphys - I honestly can't remember anything but I'm told I did see them??
  • Graham Coxon - Again mostly don't remember - I have some vague recollection of the last couple of songs which were good
  • Fightstar - Went to see if they were any good - Didn't think much to them - Well I don't remember a lot
  • Queens Of The Stoneage - Now this was a band I was really looking forward to seeing - What I remember was brillient but they only seemed to play for 15 minutes (Actually they played for an hour but I was still focked up)
  • The Killers - Again don't remember much apart from I hated them

Day 3

For personal reasons which I won't go into here the bottom fell out of my world at the end of day 2 - So for the final day I was present in body but not in mind/spirit - No alcohol either - So I just drifted around waiting for the day (and night) to finish so that I could go home

• Nine Black Alps - Seemed OK
  • Juliette and the Licks - Quite good - Would have been a lot better if I was in the right frame of mind - Had no idea at the time who Juliette Lewis was! - They played Iggy's Search and Destroy
  • Capdown - Didn't quite see them - sat on the ground outside the tent when they were on
  • Dwarves - Watched from a distance - Didn't do a lot for me - Featured one naked man in wrestler mask and one ex-Queens Of The Stoneage bloke
  • Razorlight - I don't know what all the fuss is about
  • Kings Of Leon - Just before they came on someone told me that KOL are religious nuts - Not a good start but actually they were OK - A hell of a lot better than Razorlight
  • Hatebreed - Should have been the highlight of the festival but fell short (Partly due to my head state I guess) - The tent seemed to have emptied out when they came on and a lot of the people there had no idea who or what Hatebreed were - Jamey Jasta didn't seem comfortable with a crowd which wasn't totally on his side - The sound was really poor as well- really muddy - And to make matters worse there was no double bass drum which tamed several of the songs
  • Foo Fighters - I had to choose between Bad Religion and FF - I plumped for FF as I've never seen 'em - even though I knew Dave Grohl way back in his Scream days - They were really good

I've already bought my tickets for next year...

FOOS ROCK... my fave rock combo of the present moment!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived