Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

The problem with Connolly as a player

Is that he never seems to spend more than 2 seasons at a club and I can't see him lasting much longer at Wigan. I am not too dissapointed TBH, it's a lot of money and I never have really rated him. Hopefully Hume is class like what a lot of Tranmere fans have said. He has real pace apparently and I like the term that for a striker to succeed at the highest level he must be strong or quick and TBH I didn't think Connolly was either. He was a good finisher, a hard worker and a bit of a show pony. This could kick start our season-

Nugent at preston, Elliot at Sunderland!

I've always thought he was average and I am delighted we got 2 million for him. He is not a premiership player ina million years. No pace, no strength, no great skill and an average finisher at best. Having said that he was a hard worker and the best striker we had at the club, I wish him the best of luck but I can't say i am gutted to see the back of him. From what I have seen of Ian Hume we have got a far better player on our hands for a third of the price.

I've always thought he was average and I am delighted we got 2 million for him. He is not a premiership player ina million years. No pace, no strength, no great skill and an average finisher at best. Having said that he was a hard worker and the best striker we had at the club, I wish him the best of luck but I can't say i am gutted to see the back of him. From what I have seen of Ian Hume we have got a far better player on our hands for a third of the price.

;) Not sure about that, he has the potential to be better though when he's older.

;) Not sure about that, he has the potential to be better though when he's older.

Connolly's scoring record over the last 2 seasons has been average at best, lets face it we had much higher hopes for him when he came that what he delivered. To make a profit on him was a great piece of business.

Connolly's scoring record over the last 2 seasons has been average at best, lets face it we had much higher hopes for him when he came that what he delivered. To make a profit on him was a great piece of business.

one hell of a profit!

to think, this guy had a better scoring record when we bid for him, yet now he's got a worse record and gone for 4 times the price, maybe 6

but i will not slate connolly to soften the blow, i'll miss the guy he was a great player and wish him all the best

Archived