Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FerrisBueller

Guitars

I've tried the Ragtime Blues thing, Blind Blake style playing. I just cannot do it, too much going on with the bass etc for my mind to comprehend.

I know the feeling, tied my brain in knots many times. You just have to start slow on just keep going. 

This is the book I used to learn: https://tommyemmanuel.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/the-art-of-ragtime-guitar.pdf

It breaks everything down nicely although I don't follow the book to each minute detail. Sometimes it's more comfortable to do it your own way. 

Tommy Emmanuel is a lunatic, he does a version of Day Tripper where he plays the bassline and the chords, it's insane!

I've been trying to learn Never Going Back Again by Fleetwood Mac and it fries my brain every time.

In terms of tuning, I used to use s little Korg tuner but I mainly do it by ear now, I'm never too far away.

I tune my acoustic using an Android app, it sounds ok but are these apps accurate, or is it worth buying a tuner? As I said earlier in this thread I'm new to playing so any tuning advice gratefully received

I've always been  satisfied with using the Guitar Tuna app. Accurate enough for my ears.

Archived