Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

left hand side

the left side of our side is very poor isn't it, not many people like tiatto or wilcox and gilbert is useless at left back for club and country, levein has reshaped the rest of the side apart from the left and must be seen has an area were we need to had quality to. both wilcox and tiatto are old and not fantastic players and joe hamill is hardly gonna be a world beater. we atleast need one new left back and one new left midfielder

Tiatto, provided he disciplined himself not to foul, not to wander and to distribute the ball simply and quickly could do as good a job at left back as anyone but Sheehan looks a better prospect to me.

He's a calm, cultured player who can vary his passes, deliver a decent free-kick or corner and seems aware of his team situation and responsibilities.

Wilcox and Hamill too can do a reasonable job as wingers but with such an outstanding and mobile midfield (Hume, Joey, Hughes, Williams and Kisnorbo) I'm not sure how many times Craig will opt for two out-and-out wingers.

In the end he'll probably play to our strengths (giving Hume a free-ish role) because there will be very few sides stronger in midfield.

If Sheehan can gradually (and I mean gradually cos he'll take a little more time to feel confident and established) develop his obvious attacking capabilities, that will be a further bonus to go with Maybury/Spearman's attacking credentials.

Not saying it would be impossible to improve the situation but nor would I lose too much sleep about the left (especially with Weso still to come, God speed his recovery).

Indeed I think Craig will welcome the time to take stock and properly assess his squad before the transfer window re-opens. The team will gain some collective understanding and the real weaknesses will become apparent beyond doubt.

For what it's worth I believe we need goalkeeping cover, a mobile and reliable centre-back (if Stearman doesn't get the role which I believe he should) and a right winger to compete alongside Momo. I'll also be glad when Chambers is allowed the move into the senior squad as an optional striker.

Bloomin heck, by next spring the problem will more likely be who should we leave out not who do we have to bring in. And that's without anyone else breaking through - like Levi Porter.

the left side of our side is very poor isn't it, not many people like tiatto or wilcox and gilbert is useless at left back for club and country, levein has reshaped the rest of the side apart from the left and must be seen has an area were we need to had quality to. both wilcox and tiatto are old and not fantastic players and joe hamill is hardly gonna be a world beater. we atleast need one new left back and one new left midfielder

Jase >>>> Tiatto

That's all you need to know, dog_4.

Has Levein said anything about the "left-side weakness"? I wonder...

My guess is that this is the next area he is going to tackle or is already dealing with... partly by testing and training Sheehan for the role....

We are not going to get players until January (unless we arrange loans), so ...

I'd say that Sheehan is doing a decent job so far and has the ability to grow into the role. He is keen, but not the rash type and is more than willing to learn. I also expect him to improve further over the span of the season (and beyond)... :)

Archived