Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Sir Les

Veteran Ferdinand joins Watford

Watford have signed former England striker Les Ferdinand and taken Wales midfielder Carl Fletcher, 25, on a month's loan from West Ham.

Ferdinand, 38, had announced his retirement at the of last season but joins Watford having trained with the Hornets since pre-season.

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd said: "It suits both parties. Les lives locally and we need cover.

"He's been given a squad number and signed on non-contract terms."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ord/4246464.stm

signed on non-contract terms?

How can you sign a contract on non-contract terms?

It means that there is no officiacal contract and therefore it would be something like a pay as you play terms. They might give him money for playing type of thing. But he has been training there since before the season so i guess its just a verbal agreement. He is just registered for the club with the FA basically and you dont have to have a contract to register!

It means that there is no officiacal contract and therefore it would be something like a pay as you play terms. They might give him money for playing type of thing. But he has been training there since before the season so i guess its just a verbal agreement. He is just registered for the club with the FA basically and you dont have to have a contract to register!

Hmm perhaps we could have had him for 10 pounds a week then? :P

(or perhaps just travel costs from Watford)

Hmm perhaps we could have had him for 10 pounds a week then? :P

(or perhaps just travel costs from Watford)

I wouldnt even pay him that much! I think his last decent season was the season when he played for us. He hasnt really performed that well since, althought he did score a few at Bolton.

But hope it goes well for him just as long as he doesnt score against us!

Archived