Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Does Tim Davis Deserve

I don't find it that surprising that Tim Davies earns that much and quite rightly so considering what industry he's in. He's in an industry that pays obscene wages and to be honest as people have said he'd earn just as much if not more in a similar role in another large company.

The fact that this figure is taken from the year we were in the premiership just shows how impossible it is to make a profit when you get relegated and what could Tim Davies have done to keep us in the premiership, which I assume if we were in the premiership you'd all agree he'd be entitled to that salary anyway? It's the players and manager that are in control of what division we play in so I can't see what difference it makes, there is no way that this club would make cut backs like they have done this year and keep Davies wage the same, he won't have gained many bonuses which will knock his earnings down a fair few grand.

I bet there aren't many players at the club who earn less than Davies, so why are people disgusted? We are talking about an industry where wages are phenomenal, in comparison Davies is just another ordinary high profile worker but his wage is obscene because of the industry he's in. Not his fault really.

Think you are all missing the timing element here.

The accounts cover June 04- May 05, therefore the bonus payment relates to the performance in the previous financial year - i.e, in profit, Premiership season, where we exceeded budget

Our understanding is that all contracts reflect which division we are in & therefore next years accounts will show a fall in his overall package received.

I understand this totally.

Also I understand that figures from a givin season carry through to the next.

Everyone do your sums..... 4.7m profit (or whatever) against 3.5m loss..... thats a profit?

Reduced salaries and age of squad. Stablility....

TD is doing a wonderful job and is a honest a man as we could have asked for.... GET the monkey off your back everyone and Foxes Trust well done for telling it to us as it is..

Can we have a reduction in the price of PUKKA PIES..... put that to THE PUKKA PIE DIRECTOR!

Surely he benefitting.... surely they should be half price, then we all can sing

WHO ATE ALL THE PIES.....WE DID!!

Read what the Foxes Trust has put!! its based on last years 4.7 Mil Profit or whatever it was not 3.5 mil loss we made this year.

If you'd have read this whole topic you will have seen that I've already acknowledge that statement by the Foxes Trust. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Can I make it quite clear, because it's obviously not, either that or people don't read the whole topic before jumping in.

1) I wasn't questioning the level of Tim Davis's salary, I frankly don't know whether that is valid or not as I have notihng to compare it with.

2) My query was ONY to do with his 23% payrise after apparently achieving a loss of £3.5 mill.

3) The Foxes Trust, and I am a member have clarified this, making it clear the rise was as a result of achieving last years profits and taking the club out of Administration

4) I have aknowledge that in one of my replies..

Thanks for the opportunity.

Can I make it quite clear, because it's obviously not, either that or people don't read the whole topic before jumping in.

1) I wasn't questioning the level of Tim Davis's salary, I frankly don't know whether that is valid or not as I have notihng to compare it with.

2) My query was ONY to do with his 23% payrise after apparently achieving a loss of £3.5 mill.

3) The Foxes Trust, and I am a member have clarified this, making it clear the rise was as a result of achieving last years profits and taking the club out of Administration

4) I have aknowledge that in one of my replies..

Thanks for the opportunity.

For the record, I'd already gathered this. :thumbup:

Sorry if anyone has mentioned this, but from the accounts shown on the OS, the only area which is not totally dependant on the football division we are in, ie "Non Matchday Conference & Banqueting" we actually saw a rise on the previouse year. So the only area that we can say Tim Davies has almost total accountability, he did very well. In actual fact the increase is 23.7%. Spooky eh! :mellow:

The contract won't be changing, but it doesn't mean that he'll still have earned the same sum last season. He'll be on a basic plus bonuses, even the Mercury got that bit right. Seeing as the club made a loss last season, he won't have had those bonuses last season.

Ok, someone get this right for us all, what is TD`s current basic salary? How long is his current contractual basic salary last for?

No, because you dont work for leicester city football club, a company that thousands adhore.

I bet the stewards and such like didnt recieve a pay rise. I do hope he'll be taking a pay cut given the poor financial performance this year. We are bound to earn more cash in the Premier League I wouldn't think our profit last time had much to do with Tim Davies really. =/ I expect he'll be making the necessary amendments to his wage bill next year.. or not :mad: Who gives him the pay rise anyway out of interest?

I bet the stewards and such like didnt recieve a pay rise. I do hope he'll be taking a pay cut given the poor financial performance this year. We are bound to earn more cash in the Premier League I wouldn't think our profit last time had much to do with Tim Davies really. =/ I expect he'll be making the necessary amendments to his wage bill next year.. or not :mad: Who gives him the pay rise anyway out of interest?

The contract won't be changing, but it doesn't mean that he'll still have earned the same sum last season. He'll be on a basic plus bonuses, even the Mercury got that bit right. Seeing as the club made a loss last season, he won't have had those bonuses last season.

I can't get too worked up about this one.

If he is doing his job well he is probably making a significant contribtion to the bottom line, and while his salary isn't large, that amount paid to a player wouldn't make anyone bat an eyelid. We could employ him as our chief Exec for five years on the money we paid Dennis Wise every 6 months.

Getting LCFC out of the financial mire to a relatively solvent position isn't easy, and I think Tim is doing a decent job. The financial shortfall is to with relegation, but the wage bill has now been slashed by CL so that kind of loss won't be seen next year. The club is actualy in a better financial position that a 3.5 Million loss suggests.

Simon

Does anyone know what his current salary is right now, and what his bonus situation is?

I imagine he and the board are the only ones who know Tim's salary for this financial year - that is, until the financial statement which will appear in around a year's time, assuming he remains the highest earning executive at City.

Does anyone know what his current salary is right now, and what his bonus situation is?

From the Merc

Davies, the highest-paid administrative employee, saw his total pay package, which included a bonus for the club's financial performance in 2003-04 and pension contributions, rise by 23 per cent to £197,000.

Full Report

But thats only in the prem season, is it still the case that hes earning the equivalent of £4,000 a week now, or is it less?

Have to say anyway, why the fack was he earning 4 grand anyway, absolute disgrace. I`d rather have Lisa earn that and do his job than him. I see more dedication with her fingers than i do with his whole body.

Archived