Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Current Leicester 1st Team

douglas - henderson would have to do alot to take the number 1 place

maybury - the only way i see him missing starting a game is through injury or rested. never dropped.

mccarthy - too rash, needs to calm down before he is secure.

nissa - commander but needs to keep an eye out all the time

gerrbrand - not seen enough of yet. 90 minutes vs inter milan and i cant judge him

gilbert - hope he comes good, not confident enough yet but people should stop slating him.

sheehan - impressed so far hopes he keeps it up and is level headed.

stearman - heads above the rest of the youngsters, he will be important to us this year and next.

hammill - not seen him yet cannot judge, sounds bright though.

tiatto - too many free kicks given away like mccarthy, if he is fit i cant see him dropped though.

hughes - soon to be player of the season if he carries on the way he did against sheff weds & last season.

gudjonsson - a rock in midfield, real small hardnut on everyones heels and can score a few too.

williams - hot and cold so far hope he puts in some good displays, needs to give 110% all the time

sylla - as above, sometimes looks more interested in fighting or arguing. needs to pay attention

wilcox - a valuable squad player, cant see him holding down a regular place though i am sorry to say he is a good player.

dublin - good emergency defender and excellent captain, but past it as a striker IMO. should be given a coaching role next year IMO

De Vries - only one putting them away at the minute, silencing his critics now lets hope he keeps up the scoring!

Hume - hope he starts tomorrow vs QPR and hope he impresses. from what i've heard im excited.

Hammond - looked excellent on the right against Stoke, unlucky not to get the winner at Crewe and always looks dangerous with his electrifying pace. hope he scores soon for his own confidence.

thats my evaluation of the city 1st team and 1st team challengers. now you express your opinions as nobody will be wrong, no-one will be right. reason i am doing this is there seems alot of different opinions on this board over who should start. im interested to know what others think/feel.

I happen to agree with nearly everything you said. Except Gudjonssen. I know people are saying how amazing he is but i just don't see it. I see mistakes from him. Last time i said this i had a few people go at me. It's just my opinion. He doesn't challenge the opposition quick enough in my opinion. He walks up the pitch. He should stay further back. It's because of this that the other teams are just walking through our midfield. He needs to realise he is the defensive midfielder. Not the attacking one. He is playing much better than last season though.

I happen to agree with nearly everything you said. Except Gudjonssen. I know people are saying how amazing he is but i just don't see it. I see mistakes from him. Last time i said this i had a few people go at me. It's just my opinion. He doesn't challenge the opposition quick enough in my opinion. He walks up the pitch. He should stay further back. It's because of this that the other teams are just walking through our midfield. He needs to realise he is the defensive midfielder. Not the attacking one. He is playing much better than last season though.

Actually, I haven't seen him being that exceptional either... at least not yet.

So I would agree with you there, for the moment.

douglas - Its likely that he's gonna drop at least one b ollock this season but overall I'm quite pleased with him.

maybury - A lot of the time I dont notice him but thats probably a good thing.

mccarthy - Good prospect and puts in 100% but its dangerous to have a hothead in defence.

nissa - Our best defender I reckon. Reads the game well.

gerrbrand - Not seen too much of him. A back up player I reckon.

gilbert - Unimpressive so far but hes young and can improve.

sheehan - Good natural talent but nervous so far. Will hopefully settle down in time.

stearman - Cant see him getting much of a chance in the centre of defence but he is developing nicely at right back.

hammill - Has potential but also has a lot to learn.

tiatto - Has lost his way, admire his spirit but is a bit of a liability.

hughes - Our most skillfull player. A free role would suit him better but Levein prioritises on defence.

gudjonsson - A noted improvement this season, seems to be taking more responsibility.

Kisnorbo - I dont think he will start too many games unless Levein goes with a defensive formation. Can come on as sub to tighten things up.

williams - You've gotta start him for his potential but he is inconsistant.

sylla - Starts brightly and fades. Wouldnt be without him though.

wilcox - Cant understand Levein clearing the deadwood but keeping Wilcox. Isnt even effective when he comes on as sub.

dublin - Impressed in defence (IMO) still got the control and skill and the aerial threat.

De Vries - Finally scoring regularly and genral play is encouraging but I think he still has more to offer.

Hume - Very small and will have to be a bit "special" to make an impact.

Hammond - Nice to have a player who can scare the opposition with his pace but reminds me of Big Trev when it comes to finishing-lol

Archived