Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Ronnie Barker

Dug a book out earlier. SAUCE. It's a compilation selected by Ronnie Barker of pictures of old postcards postersx and lyrics mainly from the beginning of the 20th century and the Music Hall days. I think this is where Ronnie Barker got a lot of his ideas from. Humour that's 'rude' but not smutty.

Example: A picture of two ladies one on a step ladder looking over a garden fence.

Top girl: There's a man on the lawn Janet. He's lying in the sun and hasn't a stitch on.

Bottom girl: Oooer. Who is it?

Top girl: It's the young master, with the Daily Graphic over his face.

Bottom girl: How do you know?

Top girl: I recognise the sporting section.

Worlds oldest jokes.

A: Where are you going with that sack of manure?

B; I'm going to put it on my rhubarb.

A: That's funny we usually have custard on ours. (German, seventeenth century)

Woman: This has been a wonderful broom. I've had it for twenty years, and it's only needed one new head and two handles. (English, fifteenth century)

Sorry Trigger.

Someone's selling this book on FootballFanzine.com and asking £15 for it. It only cost £2.95 originally. Forget what I paid. From a charity shop I think a few years ago. Not great condition but it will be something to remember Ronnie Barker by.

RIP

Archived