Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Stearman Signs New Deal!

Brilliant news and he deserves it. I imagine when he was given a professional contract last year he would have been on a very small wage and since Levein has come in he's been arguably our most consistent player when he's played so it's only fair that Levein has increased his wages and extended his deal.

I agree with Tim Davies, Stearman is definately a phenomenal talent and he's even playing out of position. I think he could play almost anywhere and put in a professional performance.

I am over the moon with this, Stearman and Wesolowski could easily be world class players in a few years and we own them both!!!!! It's looking good for us, couple those two with Sheehan and Chambers and we're ****in smoking.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather be a Coventry fan? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is this the first ever interview they've been allowed to do with Stearman...?

Stearman Looks To The Future

City defender Richard Stearman joked that he was already looking forward to his testimonial after signing a new contract with the club that will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until the end of the 2008-09 campaign.

Stearman joined the club as a 10-year-old schoolboy, and has risen through the Academy ranks all the way up to first team level.

The 18-year-old England youth international penned an improved three-and-a-half-year deal with on Monday after impressing in the early part of the season.

But now the youngster has his sights firmly fixed on a regular place in the Leicester first team squad as he looks to continue his rapid rise up the ladder.

He said: "I am obviously delighted to have signed a new contract with the club. I have been here since I was 10 so it is nice to know that I will be due a testimonial at the end of this deal!

"But I am conscious of the fact that I can't sit back now. I have to continue my progression.

"It's nice to know that I have got a bit more stability. The manager has given me a chance in the team and I have just got to concentrate on improving now.

"I think the manager will be essential in my development. He was a defender himself and he is always pulling me to one side to give me advice. He is also playing me, which is nice.

"I'm a local lad and Leicester is all I have ever known. It's the club that I supported as a boy so it is a dream come true to be playing in the first team in front of the fans."

Stearman, who made his debut for the club as a second half substitute almost a year ago to the day against Cardiff at Ninian Park, hopes to also continue his progression at international level.

He added: "I now hope to establish myself and play as many games as I can. I also have aspirations to continue my way up through the England squads.

"But England is a bonus. My aspirations are all based around the Leicester first team at the moment."

And Stearman's next challenge could come when the Foxes face Coventry City at the Walkers Stadium this Sunday.

He said: "It will be nice to see a few old faces on Sunday, but we will purely be focussing on getting all three points.

"Matt Heath's a good friend and we have kept in regular contact since he left the club in the summer. Before the match we will be purely concentrating on the game - but hopefully we will have the chance to catch up afterwards."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~729216,00.html

Some interesting comments there, especially the ones about Levein. He seems very down-to-earth and focused.

Archived