Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Stearman Signs New Deal!

Stearman has signed a new deal to keep him with us until 2009

Stearman Pens New Deal

City defender Richard Stearman has today put pen to paper on a new three-and-a-half-year contract with the club.

Stearman, whose previous deal was due to run expire in 2007, will now remain at the club until at least the end of the 2008-09 campaign.

The 18-year-old has worked his way up the City Academy structure and made his first team debut in the 0-0 draw with Cardiff at Ninian Park a year ago.

And since that day Stearman's career has continued to progress - scoring his first senior goal for the club against Millwall in April and adding to that tally against Bury in the Carling Cup earlier this season.

Stearman has in all made 18 appearances for the club, and featured at right-back in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Watford - his third consecutive game in that position.

The Wolverhampton-born starlet joined the Foxes in 1998 after being spotted by a scout playing for Harborough Town FC. He has represented England at both under 17 and 18 level.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~728068,00.html

:smile:

As it states its a new 3 1/2 year deal but he was already contracted until 2007 I assume he's gotten a wage increase.

It's strange, it sounds like a long time but he'll still only be 21 in July 2009 when his contract runs out!

Funny really, that's about the same age he'd have been when making his debut if Adams had stayed :ph34r:;):whistle:

sorry to burst you anti adams bubble but it was mickey who gave stearman his debut when makin was injured

its good that he has signed a new deal he is going to be an amazing player when he's older. i wont be surprised if he takes gary nevilles right back spot for england in the next 5 years

Me neither - and if Sheehan had been English he'd have been on the left flank.

I did like Micky Adams and don't want to sound like I'm slagging him off because I don't feel that it gives due respect to his contribution to us in a difficult time, but if he were still manager I am certain that Richard Stearman would have moved on!

Good stuff from the club and the management in place with regards to our youth system. It is quite exciting to be able to say that we have potential future stars in Stearman, Sheehan, Welesolowski, and Chambers (to name a few)

Well done LCFC, it all makes excellent financial sense, and hopefully removes any need for a patch up job in the future, because we know that if we lose any key personnel, we can bring in some home grown talent.

I'm happy anyway.

:thumbup:

i wont be surprised if he takes gary nevilles right back spot for england in the next 5 years

To be fair though, a one-legged blind man could take the right back spot off of Gary Neville.

Good news for the club and the player. He's done really well since he came into the first team setup and it's easy to forget how young he is. If he keeps on improving at a similar rate then I have no doubt he'll be playing at a Premiership club in a few years, hopefully us.

Hadn't Stearman played in centre mid earlier in his career before that game?

I think he had done for the academy but to be fair they play the young lads in almost every position at some stage to get them to appreciate what it's like to play there. Stearman can't have been too bad there though.

Brilliant news and he deserves it. I imagine when he was given a professional contract last year he would have been on a very small wage and since Levein has come in he's been arguably our most consistent player when he's played so it's only fair that Levein has increased his wages and extended his deal.

I agree with Tim Davies, Stearman is definately a phenomenal talent and he's even playing out of position. I think he could play almost anywhere and put in a professional performance.

I am over the moon with this, Stearman and Wesolowski could easily be world class players in a few years and we own them both!!!!! It's looking good for us, couple those two with Sheehan and Chambers and we're ****in smoking.

Archived