Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Pete Doherty written song for QPR

Record signing

Controversial rock star Pete Doherty has written a new song to mark QPR's FA Cup win.

No, that's not a deliberate mistake.

The Babyshambles frontman, famed for his wild lifestyle and dating model Kate Moss, revealed details of his ditty after learning Rangers had commissioned a tune from composer Michael Nyman.

"Fair play to Michael Nyman for composing the song for QPR to come out on to the pitch but I've already written a song for when they win the FA Cup," Doherty told The Guardian newspaper.

"He could do the B-side."

Doherty says his unnamed tune is a ska track.

But he might need to do a bit of work on the lyrics, which include the following lines:

I'll be, I'll be there

With blue and white ticker tape in my hair

Up the Rs

Up the Rs

Up the Rs

What a life on Mars

As a teenager, Doherty wrote a QPR fanzine 'All Quiet on the Western Avenue', copies of which have inflated in value since his rise to fame.

And he still claims to have a close allegiance to the club, even getting his on-off girlfriend Moss involved.

"I'm quite disappointed that I wasn't asked to write the QPR anthem," he said.

"I'm doing my best for them. I've got a picture of the missus in the Rangers shirt inside the sleeve of the new Babyshambles album, 'Down In Albion'.

"Now that is fantasy football."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/4379182.stm

Archived