Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
W88DY

IP Link Set Up

Hi all, I hope everyone is ok at this difficult time... Is there anyone on here that might be able to put me right where i might be going wrong as i bought this TP-Link TL-PA7010PKIT to boost the internet connection.

1-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, Data Transfer Speed Up to 1000 Mbps, Ideal for HD/3D/4K Video Streaming and Online Gaming, No Configuration Required.

Apparently all you have to do is hold a button in and pair them up but for some unknown reason we still struggle with getting online upstairs and outside, yes i have a 350mbps download speed but this has to be purely down to connectivity coverage hence the booster.

I have one plugged in downstairs and connected to my router via an ethernet cable and the other is in the bedroom just plugged into the mains, you press both buttons on each plug and pair them up but not sure if there is something else involved like the internet settings with regards the router to allow this to work?? Baffled?

I get 2 lights out of 3 with the plug downstairs that are permanently on and 1 light out of 3 that flashes upstairs which means it`s in power saving mode?? Why is it in power saving mode if i paired them?? 

Thanks for the replies in advance and stay safe....

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Are they paired? if not, try putting them next to each other.

Yes, i paired them next to each other downstairs then plugged one into my router and took the other upstairs and think it worked for a bit then it doesn`t want to work?