Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
joeybside

The Weekend Warm-Up. Leicester Community Radio.

Leicester Community Radio is an amalgamation of a number of different projects in Leicester to establish a local radio station, dating back to 1974. I'm part of the night time team who play a mix of roots, reggae, dub, r&b, hip-hop, ska, soca as well as house, drum & bass etc primarily for the over 35's. We can be found on DAB, Online, FM & AM and also stream live on Facebook via 'leiccomradio' on Facebook. 

I run the 'Spezial Soundsystem - Recollections for the Modern Casual' and play a show from 18:00 - 20:00 on Fridays. The Show centers around the dance cultures of the mid to late 80's and early 90's (think Bear Cage era) and pays homage to everything that came before so Jazz-Funk, Soul-Funk, Disco-Funk, Electro, Motown, Northern Soul etc. This is more specialized in the 2nd half of the show titled, 'The Decades of Dance' where you'll find mixes from various genres of the 80's onwards. We also have regular special guests from the Leicester Dance scene of yesterday year. Future guests will include Mastersafe, O'Jay & Classic Groove.

Considering, amazingly, but sadly, that I am the only LCFC Supporting DJ on the night crew, it would be great to have you on board. 

UP THE CITY

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joeybside said:

Leicester Community Radio is an amalgamation of a number of different projects in Leicester to establish a local radio station, dating back to 1974. I'm part of the night time team who play a mix of roots, reggae, dub, r&b, hip-hop, ska, soca as well as house, drum & bass etc primarily for the over 35's. We can be found on DAB, Online, FM & AM and also stream live on Facebook via 'leiccomradio' on Facebook. 

I run the 'Spezial Soundsystem - Recollections for the Modern Casual' and play a show from 18:00 - 20:00 on Fridays. The Show centers around the dance cultures of the mid to late 80's and early 90's (think Bear Cage era) and pays homage to everything that came before so Jazz-Funk, Soul-Funk, Disco-Funk, Electro, Motown, Northern Soul etc. This is more specialized in the 2nd half of the show titled, 'The Decades of Dance' where you'll find mixes from various genres of the 80's onwards. We also have regular special guests from the Leicester Dance scene of yesterday year. Future guests will include Mastersafe, O'Jay & Classic Groove.

Considering, amazingly, but sadly, that I am the only LCFC Supporting DJ on the night crew, it would be great to have you on board. 

UP THE CITY

do you have a website or any chance of listening online via a tablet or mobile?

• 1 month later...