Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Casual arrogance

I think part of this is simply holding your nerve. 

What makes football so fabulous is that the unexpected seems to happen a lot!  

99 times out of 100 you beat us last Friday.  

The footballing gods are just having some fun with you right now. 

Although me and my mates were baffled by your tactics.  At about 30 mins our left back went off injured to be replaced by Edwards (who went to right back and Mumba came from right back to left back). 

Edwards is Mr Argyle and was  the first signing of the new Argyle 5 years ago in League 2.  He was slow in league 2…..and has now lost any pace he had. 

We feared for him against your left winger.  But not once did he try to go by him.  All he had to do was knock the ball past him and run….that would be enough.  Every single time he cut inside toward 2 or 3 more green shirts leaving an acre of space on the wing.  It was baffling that someone didn’t tell him to just go buy the fullback as he’d have gotten to the byline every time. 

Even as the added time went up we were saying “if they get 1 they’ll get 2 and we will lose”.  Score first in your next game and you’ll win by 4. 

Hold your nerve and you’ll be fine. 

It will make the promotion sweeter for the suffering you’ve gone through!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1