Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Casual arrogance

Yea, agreed.

I followed us down through league one and back up but I've never felt more contempt for the lack of effort and character as I have for the last few years.

Nonchalance par excellence.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Its no more that they arent good enough to beat 10 men sat behind the ball, and if we concede, we're gonna lose. 

It’s not like those teams were not set up in such a way when we were steam rolling teams. It can’t come as some ficking big shock 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not like those teams were not set up in such a way when we were steam rolling teams. It can’t come as some ficking big shock 

we seemed to find ways by utilising our bench when other teams were still working on match fitness and didn't have players on the bench. We're now playing players that can defend for 90 minutes against bang average attacking players. Our most gifted player with ball at his feet (Akgun) just isn't fancied because he doesn't fit enzos system

All season our Achilles heel is defenders backing off and allowing the shot. Almost identical goals in the last 2 defeats. Yes I know the Millwall goal was a really good strike but where was the pressure on the ball. If our back four was a back four we could close down.

As mentioned no plan be B. Plan A gifts opportunities. Forwards who are not at the races. Vards is 37 and on the decline its natural for that to happen. The understudies constantly fluff their lines.

We create chances admittedly but it's

Obvious it needs addressing but no we play games on a loop. It's been the same all season.

As for the rest of the debacle

it started when we bottled to 5th twice. Absolutely overpaying mediocre players to unprecedented levels. We are in the eye of a storm that is still gathering speed.

The Efl timing of their statement shows we are going to be savaged by either the Efl or the prem. We are going to be made an example of.

We ruffled the authorities feathers and will pay an exacting price. It was 15 points being discussed. As there is no actual scale to these punishments. 

If and it's now a massive if we go up the  prem will push for 25 hoping to get 20 on appeal. If we stay down the Efl we're ready to sanction 15 so I envisage a similar 25 points as a starting point. The embargo will take longer than a season to be lifted.

• Sad 1

It infested us after we won the FA Cup - almost that we didn’t have to do the difficult parts of the game - feels that delivering a decent corner for instance is beneath us - I’d love Roy Keane to give this lot a few home truths - staggeringly shite and we need a new manager 4 game bounce 

Piper said it as he sees it. He is absolutely right ' casual arrogance ' both of players and manager. No rotation keep playing same players even when not performing  most expensive squad for the championship, no self belief  plan A does not work cos we are not Man city so have a different approach  get out of the club Enzo, Rudkin, Whelan. 4 games left WBA and SOUTHAMPTON no chance of any points. play offs the players don't have the bottle so next season in championship and years in the wilderness 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I didn’t think i’d be saying it this season, but just like last year, I couldn’t give a crap if 75% of the team left 

Yep, I too thought we'd managed to get rid of a lot of duds to leave us fitter and leaner. Sadly there's a few more to go yet with a doubtful attitude along with another stubborn egotistical manager. 

• Like 1

The goal at Plymouth and at Millwall both came from a similar position so that tells me the inverted right back leaves us exposed. Our focus is more on brining another man in midfield to pass side ways too then to be more direct. Yesterday you could see certain players were trying but it’s like we are a playing with a man down our striker is beyond useless. I would rather stick vesterguard up front and lump it then try to walk it in. The casual arrogance comes from over confidence in the style which is being found out

Edited by brownfox
  • Like 1

This team needs a sports psychologist, a new striker coach, a new defensive coach, a new set piece coach and new back room staff that know more than 1 style of playing in the championship. It’s all a bit late now though 

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

This team needs a sports psychologist, a new striker coach, a new defensive coach, a new set piece coach and new back room staff that know more than 1 style of playing in the championship. It’s all a bit late now though 

They can be as sound of mind as you want, but if they persist with the same one trick pony tactics that everyone, even the poorest teams can read like a book now, it will make diddly squat difference. It would be like putting a sticking plaster over a broken leg. 

Our fan base has displayed signs of it too though.

HMS P#ss The League (made me cringe from the first time I saw it), Talk of record points, no belief that anyone would get near to us etc. We took our eye off the ball to some degree as well.

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

Our fan base has displayed signs of it too though.

HMS P#ss The League (made me cringe from the first time I saw it), Talk of record points, no belief that anyone would get near to us etc. We took our eye off the ball to some degree as well.

The fact that a lot of our fans think we have the best squad 'ever' to play in the Championship tells me that many don't really understand the predicament we have ended up in. Remember there being a thread on here after the start to the season asking if a team had ever gone unbeaten in a championship season. Then we had HMS P155 the League.

Its stressful, but i find it funny that the 3 top teams aren't going to get past 100 points now. I know we theoretically still can, but we aren't winning all 4 games. Taking the sting out the us and Leeds being one of the best ever.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2024 at 17:06, Tuna said:

The players are brainwashed and believe they are playing the "right way", don't like it up them and can't cope when the chips are down, they arrogantly think they will just turn up and win

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say this....

Every single manager in the league wants players to play the way he has set them up to play and will tell the players this is the 'right way'. You don't play the way the manager wants and you'd be out the team.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2024 at 00:49, volpeazzurro said:

They can be as sound of mind as you want, but if they persist with the same one trick pony tactics that everyone, even the poorest teams can read like a book now, it will make diddly squat difference. It would be like putting a sticking plaster over a broken leg. 

Totally agree there is that too and like others have said maybe it’s a perfect storm of cluster Fuchs our players are experiencing. It’s really quite spectacularly bad what is happening. Worth even a scientific paper being written on.

For me there is way too many individual errors going on in missing clear cut goals at the top end and absolutely clangers in the back! I would love to the see the stats on this for comparison. It’s the worth combination to suffer. Look at teams that win titles and it’s a very solid defence coupled with a dominating midfield and strikers that convert 90% of their chances.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say this....

Every single manager in the league wants players to play the way he has set them up to play and will tell the players this is the 'right way'. You don't play the way the manager wants and you'd be out the team.

People are just angry and writing any old sh1te right now.  Anything other than what is happening is the 'right' way (2 up top, play Sharky, play the kids, 'dont 'play the kids).  Fatawu is crap apparently and Hermansen needs replacing because he can kick a ball, and that isn't what we need.  Now the manager is 'brain washing' them.  Its all got silly. 

Supposed 'better' teams who play a variety of styles couldn't score this weekend (us, Leeds, West Brom, Liverpool, Arsenal).  Are they all wrong? Or, is this sport just an asshole sometimes.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

Its arrogant that our fans can be so quiet (especially at home) and expect to piss this league.All this talk about record points etc was laughable. Its also arrogant that we think we are entitled, especially after 90% of our better players like Barnes, Madders, Caglar, Castagne, Tielemans etc been gutted from our side.

As a club, recent successes have got to certain peoples heads and we feel entitled, almost deluded IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the Enzo comment of "this player makes this season possible" to Winks, was most likely a sign that they thought it was job done. Save that sort of stuff for when you've met the given target.

The post Birmingham celebrations reminded me of the Arsenal ones after they beat us at The Emirates in 2016. Again nothing achieved at that point.

• Like 1