Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Lineker happy to be home

From OS

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~764667,00.html

City legend Gary Lineker is looking forward to watching two of his former sides lock horns in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Lineker, who fronted the consortium that bought his hometown club out of administration in February 2003, will be fronting the BBC television coverage of the game between Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur at the Walkers Stadium.

And the former England striker admitted that although he hoped for an upset, in Spurs the Foxes would be coming up against formidable opposition.

"Both clubs are playing attractive football so it should an entertaining game - I'm excited," he told the FA.com website.

"I'm still involved with Leicester and we have come through a difficult period financially where they were on the brink to an extent, I think the best we can hope for is a draw and the rewards of a replay.

"Leicester will pull through because they play the game the right way, I'm hopeful that the league form will improve but this could be a welcome distraction for everyone involved at the club.

"Having said that it will be tough against Tottenham because they have built up a very good squad of players and they're on form right now. Martin Jol has really turned them into a consistent team.

"I grew up with The FA Cup as the big event of every season, it was the one match that everyone could watch live on TV. Of course that has changed now, but for me The FA Cup will always be special."

We play attractive football? :o:ermm::blink: am i missing something?

I wonder if they have all the leicester flags in the studio again like they did against blackburn :P

Need a striker from somewhere, but do not know where. Please sommeone do the decent thing and get rid of Levein before it's too late annd we fall into the lower division. Who can recall the heady days of top ten finishes in the Prem and Europe and beating Man Utd at Trafford courtesy of Cottee I remember sliding the ball under Schmeicals legs, oh for the glory days again when we can all be proud not like this shower of s@!t

Archived