Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Give Kelly a chance.

I know we have to make a decision soon and we don't have long to decide on the new manager and a win tommorrow wouldn't mean Kelly is right for the job but why are we taking it for granted we need to bring a new bloke in, as I said even a win tommorrow doesn't necesserilly mean he is the right man for the job but no-one has seen what Kelly can do...he could be good he could be bad, but we're talking as if he won't do anything, and we're even talking about chanting certain people's names for the job tommorrow, hardly fair is it?

I'm not saying Kelly will be right for the job and we do need to keep an eye out for who's possible to come to Leicester, but if we win tommorrow who can see there being loads of threads saying "Give the job to Kelly" or poll's asking "Kelly In?"

Rightly so.

Somebody in another topic stated that chanting and singing about Lennon returning would hardly be fair to Rob Kelly - and it's true. He's an ex-City player, he's been a coach for a few years, and he's been granted a shot at the big time - it would seem oddly harsh to demand another manager before Kelly's even had a game, which he's been granted by the board anyway.

I don't think chanting potential manager's names during a game is a sensible thing to do anyway - it'll probably have a negative effect on the staff and players alike.

And if Kelly wins tomorrow, I'll be posting a Kelly In? Poll.... lol:P

Just Kidding, but it just might happen :ermm:

I am definitely giving Kelly a chance. I hope he does well in these next few games and if so, is given the manager's job. He deserves a chance and I'm not taken in by all this talk about Lennon and such like.

I'm hoping he follows the footsteps of Stuart Pearce, Aidy Boothroyd and Billy Davies.

I know we have to make a decision soon and we don't have long to decide on the new manager and a win tommorrow wouldn't mean Kelly is right for the job but why are we taking it for granted we need to bring a new bloke in, as I said even a win tommorrow doesn't necesserilly mean he is the right man for the job but no-one has seen what Kelly can do...he could be good he could be bad, but we're talking as if he won't do anything, and we're even talking about chanting certain people's names for the job tommorrow, hardly fair is it?

I'm not saying Kelly will be right for the job and we do need to keep an eye out for who's possible to come to Leicester, but if we win tommorrow who can see there being loads of threads saying "Give the job to Kelly" or poll's asking "Kelly In?"

You can’t really judge him on one game, certainly not a cup game where the pressure of the league is supposedly off him and the team, if after 2 or 3 league starts and we are still winning (and out of the relegation zone whoo hoo!) then we need to look at ‘do we need to look at bringing in a mamnger?, it certainly would be nice not to have to shell out some money in compensation too the team of the manager we approach and get

Under less fraught circumstances a 'wait and see' approach could be appropriate.

Here I am not so sure. I feel that most of the stuff associated with the Levein era should be bagged up and chucked in the dumper truck. QPR away should prove a useful test for the caretaker. If we'd kept 11 men on the pitch we would have won there last season.

Hopefully our useless eustaces may be feeling just a little guilty about recent performances.

Archived