Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Celtic fans opinion on lennon linked with leic

Neil Lennon will consider Leicester City

Neil Lennon has responded better to the challenges of the Gordon Strachan era better than any of ‘Martin O’Neill’s players’.

He is covering more ground this season than ever, we even see him on the right wing. He is arguably having his best season since coming to Celtic.

Despite this, when I posed the question here earlier this week, as to who would drop out of the midfield when Roy Keane moves there, the overwhelming answer was Neil Lennon. Roy Keane brings similar attributes, and Neil is considerably older than Petrov, Maloney and Nakamura.

Neil is also a Celtic fan, and in his first season as Celtic captain. He is thirty odd points, maybe less, from lifting the league championship trophy.

If you were in his boots, would you leave now to become the Leicester City manager?

It will be a difficult choice for Neil, as I understand Leicester are genuinely interested in speaking to him. The player would like to move into management after his playing career finishes, and Leicester is a club and city he spend ‘many happy days’.

If he wants to go, Celtic should not stand in his way. All Celtic are likely to offer him is another four months football, Leicester can offer a completely new career.

Whether Neil should go or not is another question. Since losing Martin O’Neill in May 2000, the Leicester job has been a poisoned chalice. The club have made appointments that looked good on paper, but have failed to protect the team from the ravages of financial decline.

Over 50% of all football managers in England get fired from their first managerial job and are never offered a second position. If Neil takes this job, there are no guarantees he would do a better job than Craig Levine.

I get the feeling though, that confidence is not in short supply in the Lennon home.

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/2006/01/n...leicester.shtml

looks pretty promising :D

David Wilson. Now there's man with more money than he knows what to do with. I know he's been touted as someone that could invest in City. Unlikely to happen, but wouldn't it be nice.....

Archived