Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Kelly: "Back to Basics"

I'm sure we heard Levein tell us we were going back to basics much earlier in the season, if I'm not wrong it was around the time our defence was leaking goals all over the place - it worked. Instead of conceding 3 or 4 we just conceeded 1 goal a game. lol

Anwyay ...

Kelly Goes Back To Basics

0,,10274~2836739,00.jpg

Caretaker manager Rob Kelly says that City must now concentrate on a 16-game 'mini season' as they prepare to take on QPR at Loftus Road this evening.

Leicester go into the game sitting in the bottom three of the Championship table - and will be desperate to claim the three points to give themselves a chance of moving out of the relegation places.

And Kelly says that his side have been breaking the game down to its simplest form in an attempt to kickstart their campaign in West London.

Kelly said: "We are now faced with a 16 game season. We have got eight games at home and eight games away. There are 48 points to play for and it all starts against QPR tonight.

"Football isn't a complicated game. We have taken in back to basics and simply worked at making sure it goes in at one end and trying to stop it at the other.

"The differences between winning and losing and drawing and losing at this level are very slight and we are just trying to identify those things, work on them and put them right. It is as simple as that."

Leicester go into the game on the back of a last gasp FA Cup fourth round defeat to Southampton - but Kelly didn't point the finger after the game.

He added: "We are not into a blame culture here - we are all in it together. We had one or two opportunities that we didn't take. Southampton punished us from the one real chance that they had on the day. But that is behind us now and we are focussing on the QPR game.

"We have had a good reaction from the players. We all know that we have under achieved, but there is a grim determination to put that right.

"When you are in a scrap you have got to scrap, and there is no doubt that is what we are in.

"We have to be hard to beat. We have to go back to basics. First and foremost we have to be up for the scrap and I am sure we will be.

"We have got to make sure that we do everything we possibly can to stay out of those bottom three place. That's what we will be concentrating on."

Kelly also revealed some good news on the injury front, with Gareth Williams returning to the squad from an ankle knock.

He said: "Gareth is fit again, which is good news. But we are still without Danny Tiatto who is recovering from a torn hamstring.

"Matty Fryatt also comes back into it after he was cup-tied at the weekend."

Source: OS

I think there are some wise words in there. Its good to see he is accepting some responsibility and is looking at our por areas, which levein seemed oblivious to. It is a 16 game mini season. Can't knock him for his comments. Lets hope the work brings some results!

I notice he didn't blame Gerrbrand or anyone for the goal on Saturday - something CL might have been tempted to do?

I dunno but I seem to trust RK more than CL when he says things like that, maybe im a mug :D

Hmmm. Me too. lol

Beware the Scotsman saying sensible things, he's bluffing :ph34r::doh:lol

The only "basics" I want to see are the ball in the back of their net!

That is the object of this game isnt it?

Somehow I think we have forgotten the rules over the years!!!

RK touched on the lack of goals as a problem - so maybe our players have been handed that rulebook ;)

I hope RK can do something here, he's probably not going to remain caretaker for the rest of the season, but I can see him being in charge for Saturday's game, and he may remain assistant for some time after that.

Archived