Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

jason roberts sent off for wigan

Lucky git

The Latics meet Manchester United at the Millennium Stadium on 26 February, and have brought forward their league match with Tottenham as a consequence.

The match will be played a week earlier than the original 25 February date.

And it will serve as the third game of Roberts' suspension, which came after his dismissal against Everton.

Roberts was sent off for violent conduct after elbowing Toffees skipper David Weir in Tuesday's 1-1 draw.

Manager Paul Jewell believes the contact was more accidental than intentional, but has delivered a warning for his 13-goal leading striker.

Jewell said: "If somebody as big and as strong as Jason wants to elbow you, you don't get up.

"I have seen it and his elbow was high, but I think it's more silly than malicious.

"He is not a malicious type of player, although he does play with his hands in the air sometimes.

"Yet it could cost him a place in the cup final - and how tragic would that be?

"What I am saying is, what happens if someone comes in and scores a hat-trick in each game between now and then?

"No one player in this club is guaranteed their place."

Archived