Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Where to now?

So Newell has turned us down, I must admit i thought he would come and he was my choice.

Its getting a bit depressing really but if your feeling the same remember would you rather have no full time manager or Levein still in charge?

Options are now looking slim on the ground, Kelly should be given the job untill the end of the season now, the players are happy with him (fryatt wants him to stay in place till the summer at least)

Who are the remaining candidates to take the job this season? Mad Dog Allen, Parkinson? Lets stay up and look again in the summer. I dont know who i want now i really don't. I think Kelly has made good decisions since being handed the job and he does come across well.

Im angry and wanna stick a finger up to the whole league, newell, cotterill and win games, i hope the players feel it to go out and prove themselves.

You know we are being laughed at for thinking we can attract Newell,Cotterill,Blackwell,Davies...SO WHAT

WE ARE LEICESTER SUPER LEICESTER NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE!

It was an us and them atmosphere at Filbert Street which helped make it a hard place for an away team to visit and i think the reaction we will get from visiting fans will help us to create that atmosphere again,

UP THE CITY!

The club needs to take a step back and take stock of the situation.

We've been rejected on several fronts now, and I'm sure the board aren't best pleased with that. Our game-by-game setup of Kelly/Stowell (Let's not forget Mike in all this, he is the other half of our coaching dream team :P) has so far been doing the trick - possibly because the coaches (both of them) believe their position is only ever secured for a game at a time, so there's a little less pressure on them.

If we wait until the end of the season, a few things are possible:

There's more decent managers available for free.

The compensation required to prise some managers away will be lessened (4 fewer months to pay the club off for)

Our position will look a bit better for any potential manager.

Lennon wins the league with Celtic and heads on home to take over as Player/Manager - long shot I know :thumbup:

At the end of the season anything may happen - maybe Luton and Newell will part ways because of another disagreement over the stadium etc. Maybe Martin Allen decides he's ready to move up a league and enquires about the job (assuming we haven't approached him already).

The club needs to take a step back and take stock of the situation.

We've been rejected on several fronts now, and I'm sure the board aren't best pleased with that. Our game-by-game setup of Kelly/Stowell (Let's not forget Mike in all this, he is the other half of our coaching dream team :P) has so far been doing the trick - possibly because the coaches (both of them) believe their position is only ever secured for a game at a time, so there's a little less pressure on them.

If we wait until the end of the season, a few things are possible:

There's more decent managers available for free.

The compensation required to prise some managers away will be lessened (4 fewer months to pay the club off for)

Our position will look a bit better for any potential manager.

Lennon wins the league with Celtic and heads on home to take over as Player/Manager - long shot I know :thumbup:

At the end of the season anything may happen - maybe Luton and Newell will part ways because of another disagreement over the stadium etc. Maybe Martin Allen decides he's ready to move up a league and enquires about the job (assuming we haven't approached him already).

:ermm: No Thanks :thumbdown:

Steve Tilson - surely someone else must agree with me?

I partially agree with you, although I wouldn't mind Martin Allen or even Phil parkinson!! Never was really enamoured(?) with Newell, don't know why, just never really thought that much of him... (as a manager).

Trusty ROB KELLY :thumbup:

I think we should stick with him until the end of the season.He has so far steadied the ship and got us out of the relegation zone. I think its ridiculious that the board are approaching people like Kevin Blackwell, as he is not going to leave high flying leeds for us tbh.

Archived