Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swedging

The two matches in a season I love most

First match of the season, in the roasting August heat where it looks like there's everything to play for, you've had too long away and you're full of anticipation.

And then, there's the night-time derby in freezing winter where grim reality has set in. But it's at night, so the walk to the ground still seems more exciting, and the last step into the stadium is magical - from darkness to light. And it's a derby, so the atmosphere gets you tingling as you walk towards the stadium, let alone when you walk into the inferno.

And this time, it really counts.

BRING IT ON!

Yeh I love the first game of the season when everyone has there colours on show

Agreed, but I took my Mrs to her first match which was against Bolton, first game of the season (2001) at he city ground where we were 4 -0 down at half time!! She never lets me live that one down!! Plus I was singin dennis wise's praise, she doesn't let me live that one down either. Being a city fan can be painful at times!!!

did anyone go plymouth away, last game last season? i seem to remember we took a whole load of fans but the atmosphere was terrible, hopefully southampton will be better this year, win to stay up??....lets hope not

Yes, travelled down on my own from London (friend pulled out at last minute) for five hours after having got up at 5am. Poor game and little atmosphere; then had to travel home on my own for a further five hours.

Still, better than lying in bed all day with a hang-over.

Yeh I went there I know the players did the lap of the pitch at home but they could have shown some sort of appreciation to those that treked down to plymouth for a nothing game at the end they just gave a little clap and went in.

I love the first game of the season and the last couple have been at home so even better. It just feels as though you've been away for so long- a great day, which is made better if we win!

Such as the first game at the Walkers against Watford.

Good win, full house, great atmosphere and real hope for the future. Magic.

Archived