Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
beighton155

Player ratings for Brighton...

I'll post mine here as well for those interested.

Douglas 4 - Disastrous. Awful mistake for the goal, indecisiveness off his line (almost giften 10 man Brighton a last minute equaliser) and his kicking was horrendous

Stearman 5 - Pretty poor by his standards. Allowed an average winger in behind him far too often.

McCarthy 7.5 - Very solid again, though I wasn't happy that we resorted to panic stations so soon into the 2nd half

Kisnorbo 7 - Again pretty solid ands defended properly

Johansson 5.5 - Carole had the beating of him and sometimes I just wish he would but the ball and player into the stands, very standoffish. Won lots of aerial balls however

Sylla 5 - Lazy and uncommitted, crowd getting on his back. Had a couple of reasonable moments second half however

Gudjonsson 5 - Where's the Joey of early season gone. He's morphed back to his old style, strange distribution and plenty of aimless hoofing putting us under un-necessary pressure

Wesolowski 7 - Only midfielder who looked capable today. Nice touches and combative. Performance tailed off even more once he went off.

Hughes 5 - Pretty anonymous

Hume 7 - Worked hard and nice to see him get a goal. Signs of an understanding building with Fryatt.

Fryatt 6.5 - Not involved too much but hold up play was reasonable and some nice touches around the penalty area.

Subs

Smith 5 - Played 1 lovely pass but the rest of the time jogged around. Don't be surprised to see his loan terminated

O'Grady & Gerrbrand - not rated

Ratings based on prior to knowing about the bug...

Douglas - 5

His kicking was awful again, most of them not hitting the front duo of Hume/Fryatt. At fault for the goal as he failed miserabely with a high ball in to the box, which led to their goal. Almost focked up at the end as Kisnorbo was waiting for Douglas to collect the ball after a long ball, but hesitated in normal fashion.

Stearman - 7

I thought he was solid for most of the game. Unfortunately exposed by the lazy Sylla for large part.

McCarthy - 8

Scored the early goal, won pretty much everyting in the air and defended well in general.

Kisnorbo - 8

Another good game at the back, but needs to work on his distribution.

Johansson - 6

A decent first half, but was ripped apart by Carole (Their right winger for those who don't know) in the second half.

Sylla - 4

Woeful. No work rate and ineffective.

Wesolowski - 7

Very lively and tried to set the tempo in midfield. We missed him in the second half.

Gudjonsson - 5

Typically worked hard, but his distribution and decision making was lacking.

Hughes - 5

Involved in some good moves in the first half, but anonymous in the second half.

Hume - 7

A good finish for the second goal as he rounded the goalie and scored from an acute angle. However, a lot of the service to him was long balls from the back, so unable to do much.

Fryatt - 7

Same as Hume with regards to service, but held up the ball well at times, and made some good runs again.

Subs:

Smith - 3

Rarely got a touch of the ball and looked well off form - explained by the bug reason. Not that he would have been 'on form' anyway.

O'Grady - 5

One reckless tackle, and that's all he did really. Not given enough time to make much of an impact.

Gerrbrand - 5

Played right midfield to protect Stearman. Not really involved enough to make a informed judgement.

I'll post mine here as well for those interested.

Douglas 4 - Disastrous. Awful mistake for the goal, indecisiveness off his line (almost giften 10 man Brighton a last minute equaliser) and his kicking was horrendous

Stearman 5 - Pretty poor by his standards. Allowed an average winger in behind him far too often.

McCarthy 7.5 - Very solid again, though I wasn't happy that we resorted to panic stations so soon into the 2nd half

Kisnorbo 7 - Again pretty solid ands defended properly

Johansson 5.5 - Carole had the beating of him and sometimes I just wish he would but the ball and player into the stands, very standoffish. Won lots of aerial balls however

Sylla 5 - Lazy and uncommitted, crowd getting on his back. Had a couple of reasonable moments second half however

Gudjonsson 5 - Where's the Joey of early season gone. He's morphed back to his old style, strange distribution and plenty of aimless hoofing putting us under un-necessary pressure

Wesolowski 7 - Only midfielder who looked capable today. Nice touches and combative. Performance tailed off even more once he went off.

Hughes 5 - Pretty anonymous

Hume 7 - Worked hard and nice to see him get a goal. Signs of an understanding building with Fryatt.

Fryatt 6.5 - Not involved too much but hold up play was reasonable and some nice touches around the penalty area.

Subs

Smith 5 - Played 1 lovely pass but the rest of the time jogged around. Don't be surprised to see his loan terminated

O'Grady & Gerrbrand - not rated

I forgot about Rab's kicking-bloody awful it was, gave him a 6 probably should have been a 5 but he did pull out a couple of saves!

Archived