Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Canada 0, Switzerland 2

EAT THIS!!!

p1.canada.ap.jpg

AND THIS!!!

p1_021806_canada_getty.jpg

AND THIS!!!

brodeur_goalcam_swiss_celebrate_wide.jpg

AND THIS!!!

261057.jpg

AND THIS!!!

olympics_gerber.jpg

What a wonderful day... Can't wait to tease my Canadian mates... :mrgreen:

p1.swiss.ap.jpg

This day will never be forgotten on both sides. Canada mourns the end of a dynasty. This morning, the city of Vancouver was unusually quiet. I guess they're all pretty stunned and disappointed.

For Switzerland, however, the saga continues. After beating the Czech Republic two days ago, now the mothercountry of hockey. Last two opponents? Germany and Italy...

What a run for the Swiss.

I must say that the call to disallow the goal is one of the worst sports officiating decisions I have ever seen (because they viewed several angles of slow-motion replays--with every one undoubtedly confirming that it was a goal--for several minutes and still did not allow the goal).

The officiating was horrible all game long, but I'm so happy to see Canada get ****ed :P and the Swiss were excellent. They played a fantastic game, Gerber was great between the pipes and DiPietro looked like he deserves another shot in the NHL.

How did the U.S. play against Slovakia again the same day? :rolleyes:

(That no-goal call was a tricky thing - no camera angle could clearly indicate that the puck was behind the line)

I thought the officiating was excellent - Russki powerrr. :mrgreen:

Archived