Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burleyfox

Poor Standard

It's interesting to look at the championship league table and see that only 8 teams have a positive goal difference - i.e. 16 have a negative standing. Symptematic of a very poor standard in our league, although shows that with a fairly modest improvement in performance the upper end of the league is not a million miles away.

Hope for next season maybe?

It's interesting to look at the championship league table and see that only 8 teams have a positive goal difference - i.e. 16 have a negative standing. Symptematic of a very poor standard in our league, although shows that with a fairly modest improvement in performance the upper end of the league is not a million miles away.

It's not been a vintage Championship this year. Reading have just twatted everyone - there's not much else to write home about. Watford are the surprise package, but they could be embarrassed if they go up. They don't have the kudos, or support, of West Ham for example. Watford have been rather left behind in the past decade or so.

Looking at what's coming down, I can't see Sunderland pulling up many trees - there could be a period of naval-gazing ahead for them. Portsmouth are a difficult side to assess at the moment, and WBA and Brum will have big culls if they come down. All in all, not too much to worry about.

As for what's coming up from L1. Not a great deal. Some OK sides, but no-one's running away with, nor has any money to throw about. Swansea have a decent fan base, as do Huddersfield. Relegation fodder mainly, but it would be good to see Trundle at a higher level, if only to take the p1ss!

In a nutshell, it could be there for the taking. We were here 12 months ago though! <_<

It's symptomatic of the negative attitude and approach of far too many managers.

Archived