Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

O'Grady the next Heskey?

I agree he has been useful at holding the ball up in the late stages but I wtill wouldn't be confident of him starting a match. He is light years behind Fryatt and Hume. I think there is a tendancy amongst all supporters to beleive that if a young player is capable of doign okay then when they are older they will automatically be brilliant. It is not as simple as that.

I'm keen to see him start a game or two to really see what he's capable of. Once we are mathematically safe i'd like to see him start. I know League Two is completely different to our league but the Rushden fans absolutely loved him and he played on the wing alot there I believe. I don't think he'd let us down, he needs a few games I think. His shooting skills haven't been tested yet at Leicester, that's where we'll see whether he's good enough or not. He's better at Elvis on the ball and off the ball, but his shooting might well be as bad as Elvis's.

Archived