Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cat Burger

Guns N Roses

The greatest hits!!

not really, 'welcome to the jungle', 'live and let die', 'paradise city', 'sweet child o mine'. They are the well known ones the latter butchered by sheryl crow was it? avril lavigne destroyed 'knockin' on heavens door' as well....cows!

Welcome to the jungle is glamtastic!!! nananananees

good on ya for replying, you unwittingly exposed me to yellowcard, to which I will always be thankful lol

yea i've heard of them just never their music... i was warned to stay away i think  lol but i'm all for trying any music

30019[/snapback]

Who said that? I'll give them a knuckle sandwich for that comment :P

Seriously, their songs involve lots of different genres, difficult to hate them!, Petrescu doesn't have an opinion either way on them which makes them special!! :thumbup:

yea i've heard of them just never their music... i was warned to stay away i think  lol but i'm all for trying any music

30019[/snapback]

Who said that? I'll give them a knuckle sandwich for that comment :P

Seriously, their songs involve lots of different genres, difficult to hate them!, Petrescu doesn't have an opinion either way on them which makes them special!! :thumbup:

30020[/snapback]

lol well at our college we have some 'common room' where all the post16'ers are allowed to go and no one else.... but like only the er..how shall i discriminate them.....lets say not so popular people go in there. and they play guns n roses a lot so one thing leads to another if they like them me and me mates aren't allowed to like them ^_^

We're not allowed music in our common room, if someone bends the rules though it's usually 50 cent or 'icey scooby tee dawg' or whoever the new bloody fad is who gets on.

If the music I listened to made me unpopular I'd be having my head flushed down the bog every day lol

We're not allowed music in our common room, if someone bends the rules though it's usually 50 cent or 'icey scooby tee dawg' or whoever the new bloody fad is who gets on.

If the music I listened to made me unpopular I'd be having my head flushed down the bog every day lol

30029[/snapback]

lol

yer, not many stayed on at our college this year though so like theres not many of the 50cent etc listeners around (not such a bad thing ;) )

oh and yea, i've heard of 'live and let die' n 'sweet child o mine' from the titles i think most the time i havent a clue who songs are by

Live and let die is quality! Seriously get Welcome to the jungle and Paradise City, you cant go wrong. You'll have heard paradise city aswell probably. "take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, o won't you please take me hooooome' - classic lol

The greatest hits!!

not really, 'welcome to the jungle', 'live and let die', 'paradise city', 'sweet child o mine'. They are the well known ones the latter butchered by sheryl crow was it? avril lavigne destroyed 'knockin' on heavens door' as well....cows!

Welcome to the jungle is glamtastic!!! nananananees

good on ya for replying, you unwittingly exposed me to yellowcard, to which I will always be thankful lol

29920[/snapback]

Guns 'n' Roses butchered "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" first.

Then again, I've been listening to Bob Dylan for about 15 years, so I'm bound to be slightly biased :)

It's an acceptable version though, unlike Avril Lavigne's shoddy one *shudders*

Anyway, I like Guns 'n' Roses.

Though I'm not exactly a die hard fan.

I like the Greatest Hits, that'll suit me fine.

Firstly Guns 'n' Roses butchered Knocking on heravens door as much as Avril Lavigne did, their version actually sounds hurrendous without even bothering to compare it to Dylan's classic original.

Now my main point. They are really #### awful. Axl Rose has one of the most annoying voices in the history of rock music. Their songs are predictable and unimagintive, the lyrics could have been written by the average 12 year old and the whole idea that Slash is a hgreat guitarist because he can move his fingers really fast is just so far off the point it is scary. The songs have no feel to them at all and are all about showing off and strutting.

This is no suprise when you consider what they are, what image they convery and the scene they come from. Hair metal crap is one of the worst genres ever known to man, it is self indulgent, inpersonal and ridiculously uncool.

Also Axl rose is a racist, homophobic ####.

lol sorry I didn't know about the Dylan thing. Thats your opinion but I like the music not the band, I'm not going to stop listening to them if their singer is homophobic or racist.

I've said before it's fun and I think it's a bit geeky to listen to be honest. I'm not going to defend them their lyrics are shit. But I think Slash is a great guitarist.

Archived