Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Gareth Williams

So who saw Gareth Williams on the train back from Nowrich?

The train we had to get to get back to Leicester went to Notingham with us having to change at Peterborough. Gareth Williams was on the train with his mrs aswell persumably going back to Notts.

When we all go off at P'boro and all the other Leicester fans reallised it was him, everyone gathered around the tran window which he was on and around 30 Leicester fans sang Gareth Williams is our friend to him,

He was loving it but his bird seemed rather shy.

Great day out, shame about the result though!

I thought they all had to live close to The Walkers now :ermm: i don't know but i just thought it was one of the things they had to do and he wouldn't live in Nottingham

When they signed there contracts under Levein It said they had to live within a 20 mile radius. Williams was signed by Micky so maybe this rule did'nt apply to him.

I thought they all had to live close to The Walkers now :ermm: i don't know but i just thought it was one of the things they had to do and he wouldn't live in Nottingham

I think it's a 25 mile radius, which means Notts is fine.

It's true of players signed during Craig Levein's tenure, this is the reason Ian Walker did not sign a new contract with us. He was prepared to take a wage cut but Levein wanted him to live within a 30 mile radius of the ground, which is fair enough.

Good to see footballers still using public transport but why would he get the train home and not go on the team coach? Seems abit strange, good to hear he got a good reception though that might give him abit more confidence. He's got the talent, just needs to utilise it.

Good to see footballers still using public transport but why would he get the train home and not go on the team coach? Seems abit strange, good to hear he got a good reception though that might give him abit more confidence. He's got the talent, just needs to utilise it.

Tell you what he was loving it, but his mrs was well shy. Good old Gaz, he kept getting up and walking down the train, my guess is he wanted some more attention.

Archived