Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Singh

Gerrbrand's point to prove (from sky sports)

All 11 of the team could have done more about the goal, but end of the day coventry played with 3 very good strikers in mcsheffrey, adebola and stern john. Maybe it was his man, i wasn't at the training sessions though so cannot say and so if he's made the mistake i'm sure he'll stick his hand up to it. But then why was the box completely empty other than john and henderson? Why was their player allowed to get the cross in without any difficulty? The only bad comments i've read or heard about Gerrbrand on monday have been about the goal, so what about the other 89 minutes of the game?

We spent the last 20 minutes under huge pressure due to kisnorbo's stupidity, but maybe Gerrbrand (and Nils and Henderson who seem to attract the stick) had nothing to do with not conceeding another goal.

BTW Hazza the post a minute a go wasn't directed specifically at you i just used your post to reply on as it was the most recent at the time i started writing. It is more directed as frustration at the people wanting to get rid of him on another thread in particular without giving him a look in.

That's fair enough then. As i say he didn't have a bad game yesterday and i remember a nice bit of footwork and then lay off to a midfielder that reminded me of the 'old' Gerrbrand if you will. He just looked nervous a few times when balls were bouncing in behind him and a Cov player was in close attendance, but as long as he didn't make a mistake i guess that's irrelevant.

Unless we get a good offer then i'm happy for him to stay, if we can get him playing like he was back in that November/December spell then he's a very handy player. As Micky Singh says he is still at a good age and can improve.

Gerrbrand has the talent, he's a special breed. His composure is what his game relies on, if he gets nervous and loses his confidence then that is going to effect his game big time because that's his main attribute. He's not a brute who will kick shit out of the opposition all of the time so I think that's the main reason why he's had this drop in performance. He's rusty and lacking confidence, but it's his first season in England. He's had a very mixed bag but it would be foolish to write him off, how many foreigners have arrived in this country and started poorly only to go on to be very successful at their clubs? Lots have and let's hope Gerrbrand gets back to his best next season as he's more than good enough.

Wingbacks next season with the 3 paddy's in the centre, marvelous.

Archived