Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Singh

Gerrbrand's point to prove (from sky sports)

Patrik Gerrbrand plans to stay at Leicester City to prove he is no Championship flop.

The Swedish defender joined The Foxes last summer, but has struggled to make an impression during his debut season in England.

He has been in and out of the Leicester team, while injuries have also prevented Gerrbrand from establishing himself at The Walkers Stadium.

The 23-year-old, though, has no desire to leave The Foxes and wants to demonstrate the talent which persuaded the club to sign him.

"I don't accept anything, but I plan to stay," Gerrbrand told Sportbladet.

"I know what I can do.

"I started the season on the bench, came on, got injured for a month, got back and played 10 to 12 matches and then I got injured again.

I dunno what to make of him, he had such a good run from October - December then it all went tits up. Admire the fact he wants to prove himself but he's going to have a hard task infront of him.

Having said that if Kiso and Mcarthy keep on seeing red mist he might not have a hard task infront of him. <_<

Patrik Gerrbrand plans to stay at Leicester City to prove he is no Championship flop.

The Swedish defender joined The Foxes last summer, but has struggled to make an impression during his debut season in England.

He has been in and out of the Leicester team, while injuries have also prevented Gerrbrand from establishing himself at The Walkers Stadium.

The 23-year-old, though, has no desire to leave The Foxes and wants to demonstrate the talent which persuaded the club to sign him.

"I don't accept anything, but I plan to stay," Gerrbrand told Sportbladet.

"I know what I can do.

"I started the season on the bench, came on, got injured for a month, got back and played 10 to 12 matches and then I got injured again.

We need a big, dominant defender to go with McCarthy and Kisnorbo and to pose a threat at corners/free kicks because, at the moment we have nobody and that's a big handicap.

Gerrbrand is steady enough but has no outstanding qualities that I've seen.

Every signing MUST increase our goals potential, as scorer, creator, decoy, spacemaker or whatever and we should shed the players who don't offer anything in this way.

I think Gerrbrand is a good enough player to make most team's first XI in this division. Problem is Paddy Mac has been one of our most improved, inspirational and top performers this season and we all know how well Paddy Kisnorbo is playing too. It also seemed evident against Cov that because Kisnorbo had built up such a good working relationship with McCarthy that he looked a bit lost with Gerrbrand beside him.

We need a big, dominant defender to go with McCarthy and Kisnorbo and to pose a threat at corners/free kicks because, at the moment we have nobody and that's a big handicap.

Gerrbrand is steady enough but has no outstanding qualities that I've seen.

Every signing MUST increase our goals potential, as scorer, creator, decoy, spacemaker or whatever and we should shed the players who don't offer anything in this way.

If he get's a decent run he would be the ideal player, as he has the skill to run the ball through him from goalkeeper to midfield/wing/forward, assuming of course our goalkeepers have sufficient confidence in him and other defenders, we're still hoofing the ball aimlessly up to the front two far too frequently, which is crazy considering our front two (although Hume does his best) and the quality of the kicking.

I do understand the argument for at least another big, strong player in defence, although it would be a shame to break up the Paddy M/K partnership which has other qualities, or we could try and find someone to play in midfield.

The problem is we already are playing, in effect 4 centre backs Stearman, Paddy M, Paddy K, Nissa, so maybe it's more to do with how we defend/attack corners than the personnel involved.

If he get's a decent run he would be the ideal player, as he has the skill to run the ball through him from goalkeeper to midfield/wing/forward, assuming of course our goalkeepers have sufficient confidence in him and other defenders, we're still hoofing the ball aimlessly up to the front two far too frequently, which is crazy considering our front two (although Hume does his best) and the quality of the kicking.

I do understand the argument for at least another big, strong player in defence, although it would be a shame to break up the Paddy M/K partnership which has other qualities, or we could try and find someone to play in midfield.

The problem is we already are playing, in effect 4 centre backs Stearman, Paddy M, Paddy K, Nissa, so maybe it's more to do with how we defend/attack corners than the personnel involved.

The fact Williams and Gudjonsson can't take corners very well might have something to do with it. Williams floats them and Gudjonsson blasts them, we need someone who can create a happy medium that's difficult to defend against.

The fact Williams and Gudjonsson can't take corners very well might have something to do with it. Williams floats them and Gudjonsson blasts them, we need someone who can create a happy medium that's difficult to defend against.

Isn't Sheehan supposedly shit-hot with set pieces?

Isn't Sheehan supposedly shit-hot with set pieces?

That was back in the time when we played football in the streets and there were green fields all around us. Before the day when he was lambasted and exiled for getting sent off, rather like McCarthy and Kisnorbo do without more than gentle criticism.

That was back in the time when we played football in the streets and there were green fields were all around us. Before the day when he was lambasted and exiled for getting sent off, rather like McCarthy and Kisnorbo do without more than gentle criticism.

I hope he turns out to be the next Roberto Carlos the way you build him up.

I hope he turns out to be the next Roberto Carlos the way you build him up.

lol I hope he turns out to be the next Jacob Laursen so Thracian will be proved well and truly wrong! :D:P

To be fair what chance has he had?

after his first injury i thought him and mccarthy made an awesome partnership, didnt we go on that clean sheet run?

Then he got blamed for the southampton goal i think it was, Levein dropped him and he was not given another look in.

You can't expect to throw him in the deep end after all this time of mccarthy and kisnorbo at the back and expect him to perform outstandingly in 2 quick games.

If i remember rightly before his second injury everyone was raving about him?

To be fair what chance has he had?

after his first injury i thought him and mccarthy made an awesome partnership, didnt we go on that clean sheet run?

Then he got blamed for the southampton goal i think it was, Levein dropped him and he was not given another look in.

You can't expect to throw him in the deep end after all this time of mccarthy and kisnorbo at the back and expect him to perform outstandingly in 2 quick games.

If i remember rightly before his second injury everyone was raving about him?

I thought Levein was sacked before the Southampton cup game??

It was his slip that caused the goal for Southampton though.

I thought Levein was sacked before the Southampton cup game??

It was his slip that caused the goal for Southampton though.

not sure?

must have been another game as i remember posting on here about Levein dropping him for a single mistake, like he did with Nils

I think you may be thinking about the Reading away game - where he was at fault for their first goal from a long ball over the top.

It really has surprised me how bad he's become, or how bad his recent form has been anyway. When i first saw him (probably Southampton league game) he had Walcott in his pocket and was very composed on the ball, but then i think it's been since the Stoke game early December, when his poor header led to them getting a penalty, that he's gone downhill.

I know there was rumours of premiership interest after his fine start so whether he heard that and it affected him i'm not sure, but he just doesn't seem to like the physical side, which, like it or lump it, is a factor of English football. I was delighted when they took Adebola off yesterday after Kisnorbo's sending off, i could see him having a field day if he clocked on to Gerrbrand.

It really has surprised me how bad he's become, or how bad his recent form has been anyway. When i first saw him (probably Southampton league game) he had Walcott in his pocket and was very composed on the ball, but then i think it's been since the Stoke game early December, when his poor header led to them getting a penalty, that he's gone downhill.

I know there was rumours of premiership interest after his fine start so whether he heard that and it affected him i'm not sure, but he just doesn't seem to like the physical side, which, like it or lump it, is a factor of English football. I was delighted when they took Adebola off yesterday after Kisnorbo's sending off, i could see him having a field day if he clocked on to Gerrbrand.

If you read all the coventry fans sites the have said how oor we were except the defense, we kept a goal loving mcsheffrey from scoring, a big adebola from hardly touching the ball, and the goal poacher hutcheson from getting any sniff at goal. I'd put a fair bit of money on him having at least marked one of those, again it seems when leicester attack fails to produce in the game, the back four are blamed. Let's face it on monday hume and fryatt were very ineffective, be it fatigue as suggested on another thread or what we don't know. But it seems as if the goalie, be it henderson or douglas, or one of the back 4 are criticised as if our attackers are all faultless?

If you read all the coventry fans sites the have said how oor we were except the defense, we kept a goal loving mcsheffrey from scoring, a big adebola from hardly touching the ball, and the goal poacher hutcheson from getting any sniff at goal. I'd put a fair bit of money on him having at least marked one of those, again it seems when leicester attack fails to produce in the game, the back four are blamed. Let's face it on monday hume and fryatt were very ineffective, be it fatigue as suggested on another thread or what we don't know. But it seems as if the goalie, be it henderson or douglas, or one of the back 4 are criticised as if our attackers are all faultless?

Top post Benji, couldn't agree more.

I was at the game, we were quite lucky not to lose. I'm not saying Gerrbrand had a terrible game but he looked shaky to say the least and possibly could have done more about the goal, Stern John was his man afterall, if you want to get into who was marking who.

The defence was the highlight of the game from our point of view, yes, but as the thread is about Gerrbrand i was giving my views on him. The forwards and midfield were quite poor, if you want views on other positions.

I was at the game, we were quite lucky not to lose. I'm not saying Gerrbrand had a terrible game but he looked shaky to say the least and possibly could have done more about the goal, Stern John was his man afterall, if you want to get into who was marking who.

The defence was the highlight of the game from our point of view, yes, but as the thread is about Gerrbrand i was giving my views on him. The forwards and midfield were quite poor, if you want views on other positions.

All 11 of the team could have done more about the goal, but end of the day coventry played with 3 very good strikers in mcsheffrey, adebola and stern john. Maybe it was his man, i wasn't at the training sessions though so cannot say and so if he's made the mistake i'm sure he'll stick his hand up to it. But then why was the box completely empty other than john and henderson? Why was their player allowed to get the cross in without any difficulty? The only bad comments i've read or heard about Gerrbrand on monday have been about the goal, so what about the other 89 minutes of the game?

We spent the last 20 minutes under huge pressure due to kisnorbo's stupidity, but maybe Gerrbrand (and Nils and Henderson who seem to attract the stick) had nothing to do with not conceeding another goal.

BTW Hazza the post a minute a go wasn't directed specifically at you i just used your post to reply on as it was the most recent at the time i started writing. It is more directed as frustration at the people wanting to get rid of him on another thread in particular without giving him a look in.

Archived