Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
beighton155

Plymouth Player Ratings

Seems like nobody does the player ratings on here anymore. I'll try to get them going again:

Henderson 7

Stearman 6.5

McCarthy 8

Johansson 8

Maybury 7

Hughes 6

Williams 6

Gudjonsson 6

Welsh 6

Hume 7.5

Fryatt 8*

Subs:

Tiatto 5 (marked him down cos of the stupid foul he gave away on the edge of the box and the atrocious back pass??? wtf was he thinking?!)

O'Grady 7

Seems like nobody does the player ratings on here anymore. I'll try to get them going again:

Henderson 7

Stearman 6.5

McCarthy 8

Johansson 8

Maybury 7

Hughes 6

Williams 6

Gudjonsson 6

Welsh 6

Hume 7.5

Fryatt 8*

Subs:

Tiatto 5 (marked him down cos of the stupid foul he gave away on the edge of the box and the atrocious back pass??? wtf was he thinking?!)

O'Grady 7

I thought for the first time in a while he had a decent game. If he plays well next year, him and Wesolowski could be really good together.

And as for Tiatto, and really hope he leaves. He is crap.

Henderson 7 - A couple of early nervy moments but after that dominated his box and caught well from set pieces Improved kicking performance as well.

Stearman 5 - Compared to Monday an awful performance, too many times he looked too casual heading the ball back to Henderson and got us in a lot of trouble by doing so.

McCarthy 8 - Great performance by the skipper, our defence looks totally different with him in there.

Johansson 9 - STAR MAN. Brilliance again from Skills and a goal line clearance that I'll never know quite how he managed to pull off. Very dominant aerial display, top bloke!

Maybury 5 - Utter shite from this man again. Fair enough he was played out of position at left back but he was poor defending and going forward, buck your ideas up son.

Hughes 5.5 - Not the best of displays from Hughesy, was caught out of position quite often and gave the ball away far far too many times. Disappointing.

Williams 7 - Bossed the midfield in the first half, faded a little after the break but all in all a good performance from him. More again next season please Gaz.

Gudjonsson 6 - Not at the races today I get the feeling his mind is elsewhere, didn't look interested today to me. Nevertheless I think we gave him a good send off at the Walkers and I wish him all the best, thanks for everything buddy.

Welsh 7 - Reminiscent of the Guppy era! Flew down the left wing and a great ball for Matty Fryatt's goal. Also battled well in the middle and won the ball back many times.

Hume 7 - Good performance again, a few dazzling runs but couldn't quite finish them off. Is starting to look a bit tired which is understandable but still a solid and determined display

Fryatt 7 - Good finish for the goal. Held the ball up well as usual but looked sluggish to me, hopefully he'll be fresher for next season but nobody can complain too much with 6 goals in 17 games.

Subs:

Tiatto 4 - Pack your bags and sling yer hook son. A crazy backpass that almost let in Pericard had Paddy Mac not been there to tidy up. Stupid fouls in stupid places as well, utter garbage.

O'Grady 7 - Looked to be a real handful when he came on, I hope to see him start at Southampton if his performance today is anything to go by.

Henderson 6

Stearman 5

McCarthy 7

Johansson 7

Maybury 6

Hughes 4 - Terrible really. He's not doing much at all lately to justify a starting place. I'd much rather see O'Grady given a chance on the wing, he did some good work when he drifted out there after coming on. Or Gradel.

Williams 6

Gudjonsson 4 - the Joey of last season today. So many misplaced passes.

Welsh 5

Hume 6

Fryatt 8

Tiatto - 4

O'Grady - 7 - He had a great impact when coming on. He should have come on earlier though or even start the game after scoring 4 for the reserves.

Henderson 6.5 - Another steady performance and once again shown that he is the best goalkeeper at the club at the minute. However some dodgy moments where the goalkeeper-defender communication wasnt the best.

Stearman 6.5 - Strange how he can have such a good game at Coventry however have some bad moments against Plymouth the next match, with some bad communication and heart-wrenching headed back passes which almost resulted in a Plymouth goal. However, the guys a good player and I think it would be an injustice to give him a bad rating.

McCarthy 7.5 - Had a great game yesterday with some fine interceptions and tackles, making us glad to have him back. Nice, steady game for the Mac-mister.

Nissa Johanson 7.5 - Had a good game today, being commanding in the air and with a vital clearance off the line to keep the cleansheet. He also didnt look too slow or tired today either.

Maybury 7 - Did his job defensivly I guess, but seemed to not be sure what to do on the ball, resulting passing the ball to a player in a negative, backwards fashion, and had plenty of chances to get the ball forward.

Hughesy 6 - Didnt have a good game yesterday, however it was better than his poor performance against Preston, nothing else much to report though.

Gudjohson 6 - Even though this was his last home game for the Leicester, he had a poor first half, with poor passes and some unsure tackles. However, like the team, he was slightly better second half, but still a shame he couldnt sign off at the Walkers with a good performance.

Williams 8 - Played very well, and was 1 of 2 players who played well in the first half. Some usual class touches, passes, and through balls, no wonder the player upfront you can see running around everywhere waiting for the pass, Matty Fryatt, does so when Williams recieves the ball. Great game.

Welsh 7 - A great second half stops me from giving him a bad rating, as he seemed unsure in the first half, being slightly off balance in places too. However, I think he was told to just go at people and get the crosses in, in the second half as he did so, and produced a brilliant right footed cross for Fryatt to head in.

Hume 7 - Another OK game, but not at his best in the last 3. A good run at the defenders in the second half and was unlucky as he seen his effort go over the bar.

Fryatt 9 STAR MAN - Great in the first half, great in the second half. Once again the 20-year old shown the City faithful that he is a very promising prospect and was a threat all afternoon. More than deserved the goal to clinch 3 points for Leicester.

Subs:

O'Grady 8 - When he came on, shown good turns of speed and skill to hold the ball up and seemed to be a prominant threat. Looked very promising and most certainly should be eyeing a first team place next season.

Tiatto 5 - One good pass up the line to O'Grady has saved the Australian from utter condemnant. As the game went on the crowd got their voice up with 'WEY' after every pass, however this was ruined with a stupid long back pass to Henderson, almost resulting in a Plymouth goal however this was saved by Paddy McCarthy, who, unlike Tiatto, had a good game yesterday. He should now leave.

STARTING 11

Henderson 6 - Did well when required

Stearman 6 - Solid defending, strange passing at times

McCarthy 7 - Looking like he will take over Tiatto club captain role well within his stride

Johansson 8 - Looked confident at centre-half, great tackle on the line, should never play left-back again

Maybury 4 - Slow, weak, simply not good enough

Hughes 5 - Tried to involve himself but he was a step behind most others

Gudjonsson 4 - Could not pass the ball to a blue shirt, awful

Williams 8 - Okay, some of his passes went astray but was the most inventive player on the pitch

Welsh 6 - Drifted in and out of the game

Fryatt 9 - Looked eager to impress which he did, confident finish and good skills

Hume 7 - "Lost cause" is not in his vocabulary, full of running as ever

SUBS

Tiatto 4 - Nearly gave them a goal when we were playing 'ole' football, MUST GO

O'Grady 7 - Impressive runs dwn the left channel and did as many step-overs as Cristiano Ronaldo would in a season

Archived